New here with Solo

Reaction score
Hey guys, based in Sydney Australia. I'm a tinkerer and like to make stuff. I've had a Solo that has actually been in storage for a couple of years and decided to pull it out and see what I can do with it - also to discover that 3DR has gone out of business since I last played with it. Had a 3DR heavy lift 4 post octo a few years back that we used to use to shoot with heavy SLR. I like that much better because it was Ardu based and open for tinkering.

Also found that the Solo app doesn't work on latest Android OSes, so I got the Solex app and I'll see how that goes. Apparently it can be used to load Ardu-Copter onto the Solo - I'll see how much time I can throw at it.

Anyway, good to know there is still a community for 3DR out there.

Cheers!

Reactions: Wetstone
Hey guys, based in Sydney Australia. I'm a tinkerer and like to make stuff. I've had a Solo that has actually been in storage for a couple of years and decided to pull it out and see what I can do with it - also to discover that 3DR has gone out of business since I last played with it. Had a 3DR heavy lift 4 post octo a few years back that we used to use to shoot with heavy SLR. I like that much better because it was Ardu based and open for tinkering.

Also found that the Solo app doesn't work on latest Android OSes, so I got the Solex app and I'll see how that goes. Apparently it can be used to load Ardu-Copter onto the Solo - I'll see how much time I can throw at it.

Anyway, good to know there is still a community for 3DR out there.

Cheers!
Welcome back mate!

One point of clarification - The Solo does run ArduPilot from the factory - just not mainline/master.

Reactions: Professorpip
Cheers
Aguien knows where to get new batteries for my 3 dr only 5200 or more capacity.
Thanks

Thanks @just_bruce. Never really ventured into the guts of the Solo, but I just loaded it with OpenSolo 4, so I've at least cracked the surface now.

Cheers
Aguien knows where to get new batteries for my 3 dr only 5200 or more capacity.
Thanks
Hi,Alfrpr!
Where can I a new 3dr solo battery?
Mine of 2 batteries are unhealty 1740mah,and I'm looking for brand new. Please let me know if you still have some info.
Thank you for your reply,in advance!

Hi,Alfrpr!
Where can I a new 3dr solo battery?
Mine of 2 batteries are unhealty 1740mah,and I'm looking for brand new. Please let me know if you still have some info.
Thank you for your reply,in advance!

Soloflies.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea