New here and need help

Reaction score
Hi friends I am new to drones,
I just got my 3dr solo, and wanted to learn how to set altitude.
but the Solo button in my app is not working,

Can you please help me with this.

Thanks

Yossi

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-11-11-13-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-11-11-13-32.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 20
Try deleting and reinstalling the app. Are you connected to the Solo WIFI?

You need to be connected to the Solo to make any changes in that sub menu.

No camera is needed. You need to follow the instructions, ALL STEPS. I get the feeling you skipped over most of these things. There are detailed step by step instructions for unpacking, connecting, configuring, updating, and flying it. If you haven't followed those most basic steps, you need to do so before wondering why it doesn't work. It is not safe to skip all the instructions.

You won't need to connect your GoPro to make changes to the settings that are specific to your Solo, but it's a good idea.

For example, you can go into the app and set which model of GoPro you are using so it defaults to that going forward. And of course you can test to see if your getting a live feed from the GoPro.

Speaking of the GoPro, when you power it on it will briefly show which firmware version it's using on the GoPro LCD screen. If it's on 3.0 just keep that for now. If it's a higher number, then you will want to power on your GoPro before you start up your Solo. This is so you don't stress the gimbal motors while it's on already. If the GoPro is on version 3.0, the Solo should power it on and off for you, but that's not as reliable with later firmware updates. If your GoPro is on a firmware version less than 3.0, you will want to update it.

There are lots of other little tips and tricks you can pickup on this site. As @Pedals2Paddles said, definitely read the directions super carefully. Probably the most important thing you can do is start out in a big open field. So many new drone users get excited and try to fly in their backyard and end up crashing.

When you took the product out of the box, it's the documentation you moved out of the way to get to the drone...

Reactions: SARDG
where do I find the instructions,
See the link @Don H. posted above.

Also, in the Solo app itself there is a section with some videos that might be helpful.

I would also recommend searching YouTube for help videos on the Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela