New 3DR piolot Lost

Reaction score
Hello all in new to the Drone world bought my first one last week and after only having it for two days it flew off on me we were never able to recover the Drone so hi from Ohio

Here is a video you can use.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

- Power up the Controller
- Connect to SoloLink WiFi
- Open the Solo App

and copy the logs to your desktop and post to the forum. People on here can analyze them for you. I don't have the expertise to understand the logs but I am sure plenty on here will comment and tell you what the logs say.

Good Luck.

Reactions: KGBAgent007
Sorry to hear that, there is a way to look at the flight track (to see where it last sent info) this can help in looking.

(This is What I got from them)
I have analyzed the flight logs you provided and I noticed that the vehicle experienced two different issues that are related to the GPS module and the magnetometers; this means the GPS module experienced a glitch that caused the vehicle toke a different direction than the home position. The sensors showed higher vibrations affecting the GPS accuracy and at the same time making the autopilot unresponsive to the controller inputs. The vehicle reached an altitude of 900 ft approx and a distance of 3000 ft approx from the home point; the vehicle's direction pointed to the lake. I'm attaching the last vehicle's location and its track image.

These are the last transmission's coordinates: 41.424895 -82.629820 236.37m

The logs analysis let me know that the vehicle experienced hardware issues prior it flew away; fortunately, the incident would it be covered by the warranty.

Please, provide the following information:
- Proof of purchase (Image of the receipt or email order confirmation)
- Controller serial number (attached image)
- Shipping address
- Contact number

Reactions: skysuadusers
Well there you go buddy! It looks like they'll send you a new/refurb drone at least.

Ugh. This crap is not supposed to happen!!! Can you still download the log files as described above and post them or send them to me? Myself and some folks at ArduPilot would really love to find whatever coding glitch is allowing this to happen and kill it. It is definitely not an ArduCopter problem. It is some stupid crap in the companion computer that locks out the control inputs, which is ludicrous.

is that really a thing?
is it something that just randomly strikes?
the only time I ever had an issue with it was the crazy random fly off during RTM on android
I even had a major ekf meltdown but it basically recovered and went manual

Ugh. This crap is not supposed to happen!!! Can you still download the log files as described above and post them or send them to me? Myself and some folks at ArduPilot would really love to find whatever coding glitch is allowing this to happen and kill it. It is definitely not an ArduCopter problem. It is some stupid crap in the companion computer that locks out the control inputs, which is ludicrous.
Will do

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

I hope you are able to get a replacement.

Enjoy!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

I hope you are able to get a replacement.

Enjoy!
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986