Need help downgrading GoPro Hero4 Black to old reliable vs3 firmware

Reaction score
I've found a few things online but all have been either dead ends, too sketchy, or windows pc only.

I'm on a macOSX.

I want to downgrade my hero4 black from vs. 5 to vs3 firmware . Since upgrading to 5 I've lost almost all functionality from the controller to the camera.

Can someone provide a link to the vs3 firmware and post a quick "how to"? THANK YOU

Update:
Good -Not Good -Good Knot - Naughty Good.

The not so good: I was unable to downgrade the hero4 black firmware from 5 to 3. It looked as though it was doing the deed....even said system updating , completed, etc. But when it boots back up it still shows running vs. 5.

The GOOD news: running Open Solo and using the 3dr Solo App- I installed a new 3 axis Gimbal- and everything seems to be working again .....,...almost........ I can change just about any setting from the controller with the exception of changing the ASA. (6400 great for super low light conditions )Was I ever able to do that from the Tx? Can't remember .

The VERY NOT so good news is that Solex is snot recording video- not even if I start recording on the camera manually. Bummer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421