My solo is gone!

Reaction score
Was just flying the damn thing and it just flew directly into the bay! Everything is gone!
All that money Gone!
Submitted the support ticket but who knows. I made the first flight using tower perfectly and started the second and CRASH!
BTW just updated to the newest firmware. Maybe that's not so good!

Thanks and cute puppy! I don't have high hopes. It was such a nice day here on Long Island also. I just put on the polar pro lights also. Looked so cool. The damn thing stayed connected even under the ice. Sh.......t

Was just flying the damn thing and it just flew directly into the bay! Everything is gone!
All that money Gone!
Submitted the support ticket but who knows. I made the first flight using tower perfectly and started the second and CRASH!
BTW just updated to the newest firmware. Maybe that's not so good!

Hello, my drone took off in mid flight about 5:00 this evening. . I mean it literally took off, straight up, and then out of sight., I lost contact with it after trying the HOME button and the AIRBRAKE button. The last picture I received showed it very high and moving away form me.
I have lost the drone and my sons gopro as well. I have alerted the local police in case it damages anything.

No it didn't. Being unfamiliar with the controls and how to react is more accurate.

Anyway... please be more specific. Describe exactly what transpired. In detail.

We were flying at about 65 feet taking some pictures for a friend. Pressed the home button and it shot straight up as if it were lining up to come home, then it just kept going up and up. It lost gps and we tried to fly manually but no response at all. Pressed air brake but no response. Then lost sight of it as it rose too high even though we had it set not to go over 160 feet. It started going in a northeasterly direction and finally we lost camera feed as well.

I was using tower for a mission around my bay. I did the first mission and I remember , lost gps showed up , but quickly went away. It did the entire mission perfectly. I went to do the same mission to take some stills and it went up and then out and down into the slushy water. Plunk! I think this gps issue should be corrected by 3dr. I have to say I'm pissed. At least GoPro gave everyone their money back. Well 3dr I hope you don't play games.

Oh p2p yes too fast! My mission was flying at 15ft. I was filming the swans so I was low. So it happened in a split second.

I was using tower for a mission around my bay. I did the first mission and I remember , lost gps showed up , but quickly went away. It did the entire mission perfectly. I went to do the same mission to take some stills and it went up and then out and down into the slushy water. Plunk! I think this gps issue should be corrected by 3dr. I have to say I'm pissed. At least GoPro gave everyone their money back. Well 3dr I hope you don't play games.

So it was flying along the mission, then just dropped into the water with no indication of anything wrong on the controller? What makes you think this has anything to do with the GPS. The GPS has absolutely no impact on altitude control.

Because it lost gps on the first mission. I then was going to fly the second exact same mission. It was about 10sec into that mission. What would make it just nose dive? I didn't touch the controller.

Not losing the GPS. The GPS has nothing to do with vertical control or altitude. And, according to you, it didn't say it lost the GPS either. So I don't think it has anything to do with that. It sounds like a motor failure. If you opened a ticket to 3DR already, good. Talk to them on the chat Monday to speed the process up. TBH, I wouldn't offer up that you were using Tower. Don't lie, just don't mention it unless they ask. Presuming the logs show it was a failure of the solo, then they'll be shipping you a new one. You're SOL on the GoPro though.

Thank you for the advise. A motor? That's not good considering I just got this for xmas. I did just update to 5.1.3 or is it 1.5.3. ....

I agree with P2P, probably a hardware failure. I wouldn't blame GPS or the new firmware.
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully 3DR will make it right. I'm afraid the GoPro is a loss though.
I have 5 Solos and have flown DIY quads for years but I'm still uncomfortable flying over water. It is kinda like having a big water hazard right next to the tee box, you know you can easily reach the other side, but if you are gonna mis-hit it will be on that hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea