my solo flips over almost immediately

Reaction score
please dont to put the the props on correctly. ive ordered 2 sets of new props from master airscrew and im 100% sure they are in the right position. any ideas guys?

THE reason we so often repeat that phraase is because there are VERY VERY few things that will cause that behaviour.

You've verified pod placement and the MA props curve against the factory ones for each position?

please dont to put the the props on correctly. ive ordered 2 sets of new props from master airscrew and im 100% sure they are in the right position. any ideas guys?
Have you pulled your motor pods or done anything internally?

Post a picture looking down at your Solo and post it - we can verify prop placement for you. It may not be your fault. There has been at least one instance of unmatched sets of props being shipped.

Post a picture looking down at your Solo and post it - we can verify prop placement for you. It may not be your fault. There has been at least one instance of unmatched sets of props being shipped.

Yes A friend of mine took the motors out a couple days ago and put motors from a drone that works perfectly fine into it and it did the same thing. He then replaced the old Motors in the correct locations. Same results unfortunately.

Attachments

• 20180316_173805.jpg
    20180316_173805.jpg
    928.2 KB · Views: 33
It is possible that something is broken on the flight controller, but not likely
So did this solo ever fly OK, if so what changed from when it flew OK and it did not
did you crash
Did you replace something
Did you mod something

THE reason we so often repeat that phraase is because there are VERY VERY few things that will cause that behaviour.

You've verified pod placement and the MA props curve against the factory ones for each position?
20180316_173805.jpg
It is possible that something is broken on the flight controller, but not likely
So did this solo ever fly OK, if so what changed from when it flew OK and it did not
did you crash
Did you mod something

did you crash
Did you mod something
did you crash
Did you mod something
i got it from a friend of mine who said he flew it once and it did the same thing. did you see the pic i poosted
did you crash
Did you mod something
And no I didn't replace anything other than the props. Can I send it back into the 3dr? It was a personal purchase though not through a store. I don't know I just want to get this bird in the air. FML

No sorry, personal purchases are not covered by warranty. sounds like you bought yourself a defective solo.
If you have actually really done all the things we posted above
those are the steps I would take if it were here

One more thing - check your motor control leads. If any of these are disconnected or damaged (on either end - main board or motor pod) it will cause the Solo to flip on take-off.
upload_2018-3-17_13-12-8.png

Reactions: RichWest
quick tip I learned on motor spin and props
looking from back all the blades spin toward the center of the copter
and on approach to the front or back the high side of the prop (leading edge) is pointed towards the bird

When you have to take 8 props on and off you search for fast tips

Reactions: DJMc
One more thing - check your motor control leads. If any of these are disconnected or damaged (on either end - main board or motor pod) it will cause the Solo to flip on take-off.
View attachment 8237[/QUOTE
View attachment 8230

i got it from a friend of mine who said he flew it once and it did the same thing. did you see the pic i poosted

And no I didn't replace anything other than the props. Can I send it back into the 3dr? It was a personal purchase though not through a store. I don't know I just want to get this bird in the air. FML
quick tip I learned on motor spin and props
looking from back all the blades spin toward the center of the copter
and on approach to the front or back the high side of the prop (leading edge) is pointed towards the bird

When you have to take 8 props on and off you search for fast tips
Wow so I'm stuck with this fucking paperweight. I'm about to take a fucking baseball bat go outside and beat the God damn thing into the ground

Try resetting the parameters completely.

Then complete a level and compass calibration.

Let us know if that fixes anything.

Reactions: WilliamImhoff
I can see in the pic, some blades are on upside down. So you might want to get that sorted.
It appears the lower left blade is cupping "up". I don't believe any blades should do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: carpy
before my Solo I bought another, racing drone. first flight/take off it started going left, so i gave right stick. it went even harder left and flipped over. took awhile to figure out i had to reverse the aileron servo direction in the transmitter programming. maybe your Solo inadvertently got reversed? might be worth checking.

before my Solo I bought another, racing drone. first flight/take off it started going left, so i gave right stick. it went even harder left and flipped over. took awhile to figure out i had to reverse the aileron servo direction in the transmitter programming. maybe your Solo inadvertently got reversed? might be worth checking.
Not likely, here's why "the OP and his buddy disassembled the Solo and FUBAR'D the reassembly" he hasn't even replied to anybody trying to help out, or what the outcome was, his last post was over a month ago wonder why? Fuuuugetabout-it, Just take a look at the props on that Solo WHAT THE HECK?

Last edited:
That's probably the best advice I have got yet. How would I do that? Should I just go on YouTube?

That's probably the best advice I have got yet. How would I do that? Should I just go on YouTube?
How about mounting a stock set of Solo Props this way you know they are mounted correctly? Observe the direction of the motors spinning by just arming the solo and if they are turning in the proper direction it should lift off? This will rule out a prop problem immediately. Why do you think the controller has anything to do with it? A little more info would help us help you...Do you know how to reset the solo parameters to stock? If not there are detailed instructions on how to right here by searching. There are also detailed instructions on how to calibrate the controller and how to make sure what Mode and Flight mode you are trying to fly in.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc