My Maiden Flights with my Solo

Reaction score
New to the forum and New to Drones as well. The Solo is my first drone that wasn't a toy. I am attaching a video of the maiden flight. I also have a video of the follow me function as well on a separate video.

Couple observations:

1. I experience the same issue with GoPro Video not showing up on the FPV for my maiden flight.
    1. Contacted 3DR support was routed to Diego and was handled almost immediately and was very professional and has followed up with email support on a few other questions.
    2. I think the main problem I had was the cord not plugged in properly but I have flew several times now and not had another problem but doing this.
      1. Turning on the controller first, then solo, then the app.
      2. Always shutting down the app completely with the swipe out method on my iPhone 6 Plus
  2. The App is setup for Empirical Measurements and is displaying correctly, the Controller is displaying metric. I think this is a bug. I have emailed Diego at 3DR this morning but haven't heard back yet.
  3. Range is limited to about 1200 feet in the one time I tried a range test.
  4. The Solo is easy to use for the novice and I getting more comfortable every day.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: TaniaGail
New to the forum and New to Drones as well. The Solo is my first drone that wasn't a toy. I am attaching a video of the maiden flight. I also have a video of the follow me function as well on a separate video.

Couple observations:

1. I experience the same issue with GoPro Video not showing up on the FPV for my maiden flight.
    1. Contacted 3DR support was routed to Diego and was handled almost immediately and was very professional and has followed up with email support on a few other questions.
    2. I think the main problem I had was the cord not plugged in properly but I have flew several times now and not had another problem but doing this.
      2. Always shutting down the app completely with the swipe out method on my iPhone 6 Plus
  2. The App is setup for Empirical Measurements and is displaying correctly, the Controller is displaying metric. I think this is a bug. I have emailed Diego at 3DR this morning but haven't heard back yet.
  4. The Solo is easy to use for the novice and I getting more comfortable every day.

when i talked to 3dr today i asked about the conversions and she told me the the controler only shows metric.
they will be coming out with an update soon to convert this to feet instead of meeters.
how many meeters is 100 feet?
thx D

I use an iPad Air 2, have had the same problem but I follow the sequence just like you have stated and no problems whatsoever. Just need to make sure the app is CLOSED after flying.

Reactions: Shawn Sparks

Couple observations:

you sure have some big B### flying in that wind over all that concrete and pavement on your first flight.
almost made it a Disaster.
good luck on your future flights.

you sure have some big B### flying in that wind over all that concrete and pavement on your first flight.
almost made it a Disaster.
good luck on your future flights.
I guess ignorance is bliss. I wasn't trying to be cavalier but I live in Oklahoma and it always windy, as for the concrete I was at work and fly it on my lunch break and wanted an open area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc