My first crash...

Reaction score
Guys, last week I had my first (only one) crash with Solo... Was my first fly with gimbal (after a lot of without the gimbal) and I don't know exactly what happened... I choose RTH and SOLO just flew to right and crashed in a wall. I tried PAUSE button, but didn't work.
Apparently SOLO are working OK, what was been damaged is the battery and the gimbal... Battery I don't have any hope, but apparently we can save the gimbal...
Looking the picture, the connector between solo and the gimbal has been damaged, someone know if is just replace this or have any other suggestion or tip, please?

Photos are attached and logs available here if you are interested: https://takeoff.3dr.com/media/logs/2015/11/14/supportLog.zip

Attachments

• IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    1,012 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    869 KB · Views: 31
Guys, last week I had my first (only one) crash with Solo... Was my first fly with gimbal (after a lot of without the gimbal) and I don't know exactly what happened... I choose RTH and SOLO just flew to right and crashed in a wall. I tried PAUSE button, but didn't work.
Apparently SOLO are working OK, what was been damaged is the battery and the gimbal... Battery I don't have any hope, but apparently we can save the gimbal...
Looking the picture, the connector between solo and the gimbal has been damaged, someone know if is just replace this or have any other suggestion or tip, please?

Photos are attached and logs available here if you are interested: https://takeoff.3dr.com/media/logs/2015/11/14/supportLog.zip
Sorry to hear of the crash you had. I checked your logs and the only logs in the zip do not include any flights. You may have to get them off your tablet.

Send a support ticket to 3DR from your tablet/phone. That certainly sounds like a malfunction and if so they will take care of it.

Reactions: Dave Sharp
Send a support ticket to 3DR from your tablet/phone. That certainly sounds like a malfunction and if so they will take care of it.
Hey @Maddog, I sent in the same date... they asked for some others information and are analysing... let's see

Reactions: Maddog
Guys, this was the Support analysis and I'd like to ask about your opinion... From my perspective, if looks like a GPS issue, why this is not considered a malfunction?

--
I went through your logs.
This is what I found:

From the video:
-The Solo takes off near a pool, feet away from a wall and from a tall building.
-The pilot takes flies Solo between two buildings.
-The Solo drifts to the right and crashes into one of the buildings.
-This looks like a GPS glitch due to flying too close to that tall structure.

Log 5 recorded the crash:
-There's a spike in horizontal position variance near the end of the flight. That corresponds to a GPS glitch.
-The controller inputs never try to correct the Solos drifting to the right. No roll inputs were recorded.
-The accelerometers and gyroscopes were OK.
-No evidence of hardware malfunction was found.

From our Solo Best Practices article: (Best Practices | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology):
"Fly in wide-open areas (very important!)
Solo’s GPS depends on a clear view of the sky for accurate location tracking. These GPS signals can be blocked by tall structures like trees and buildings, causing unexpected flight behavior, so it is extremely important to fly in wide-open areas away from people.".

Here's a link if you want to learn more about GPS: common-GPS – How it Works | Copter

As the Solo manual also mentions: " Always place Solo at a clear launch point for takeoff, at least 20 feet away from you, other people, and structures."

Following those tips will help you have better and safer flights.
--

Because you were flying too close to buildings.........and this is covered in the owners manual under "what not to do"

Because you were flying too close to buildings.........and this is covered in the owners manual under "what not to do"
Ditto.

Also you mentioned that you hit RTH and PAUSE, but the flight logs don't appear to bear that out.
Flying close to structures, under bridges, etc. can cause loss of GPS and weird behavior. I wouldn't do that except in MANUAL to be sure a loss of GPS didn't cause Solo to have a spaz attack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc