Mounted FLIR, need a good way to record

Reaction score
I just ordered another Solo for $200 and decided to try to convert my first Solo and gimbal to work with a FLIR. Everything is working but I need a good way to record video on my android since the FLIR does not record onboard. I have a screen recorder installed and it works ok but I would rather have a full screen recording without all the app osd stuff recorded.

Am I right that the camera roll recording only works when you have a compatible GoPro installed? Does anyone know of a compatible app that will also record the video stream? I tried QGC and it doesn't seem to work. Plus it is just too buggy.

On another note, I was surprised the gimbal is able to handle the weight of the FLIR. I even had to add more weight to balance the camera. So, does anyone know if there is a way to use another gimbal and still be able to use the tilt control? Like a way to tap into a PWM signal for tilt on the main board?

Lastly, is there a way to remove the camera control buttons etc in the app? If I am going to end up using a screen recorder, it would be nice to at least not have that in the way since it isn't doing anything.

Thanks

Since this is just standard definition analog video, I imagine an FPV transmitter would be a simple and inexpensive addition. If you want to record on-board, there are also cheap analog recorders small enough to mount on the Solo. The FPV racer community has made this stuff almost plug-and-play, and low cost.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Thanks for the info guys. I do a lot of FPV (racing etc) and do not want to go the route of having a separate analog video TX and monitor. The whole reason for using the Solo was to have everything integrated.

I am not sure how GStreamer would work when using the Solo with my android tablet? Seems it is mainly for the PC MP?

Anyway, for now I am using screen recorder and that is doing ok but it records the entire screen with controls and all. Does anyone know how to get the camera roll record function to work when not using a supported GoPro?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc