Motors will not spin up / power on when holding FLY Button

Reaction score
Controller displays successful GPS lock and says press and hold FLY to take off , but when I hold down the fly button the motors remain motionless. They fail to spin up. When holding FLY the green bar moves completely across the controller screen from left to right as if it was going to spin up the props but nothing happens and there are no warning sounds , error alarms, or warning lights from either the tx or the quad.

Any ideas?

I did Re-seat all three SD cards( 1in controller, 2 in Solo (1 on wifi card ,1 on Pixhawk) and successfully performed a factory reset, as well as a successful level and a compass calibration.

Everything seems to be in order . The lights inside controller and on the Solo show a successful boot sequence. I get GPS lock , Yet the motors are unresponsive to PRESSING AND HOLDING THE FLY button.

I'm stumped.

. Installed APM Planner 2.0 on mac OSX 10.11. Connected macs wifi to sololink . Launched APM . Connected to Solo. Under config / Advanced Parameters Changed SYSID_SW_MREV from 120 to 0. Not sure what to do Next (I'm new to APM Planner). I'm guessing I need to SAVE the changes and restart solo? Also I see SYSID_SW_MREV under the FULL PARAMETER LIST . It still reads 120

After not touching anything for several minutes I'm now getting a voice alert saying PREarm check need 3D fix

Controller displays successful GPS lock and says press and hold FLY to take off , but when I hold down the fly button the motors remain motionless. They fail to spin up. When holding FLY the green bar moves completely across the controller screen from left to right as if it was going to spin up the props but nothing happens and there are no warning sounds , error alarms, or warning lights from either the tx or the quad.

Any ideas?

I did Re-seat all three SD cards( 1in controller, 2 in Solo (1 on wifi card ,1 on Pixhawk) and successfully performed a factory reset, as well as a successful level and a compass calibration.

Everything seems to be in order . The lights inside controller and on the Solo show a successful boot sequence. I get GPS lock , Yet the motors are unresponsive to PRESSING AND HOLDING THE FLY button.

I'm stumped.
SAVE!

Where to save and how?

SYSID_SW_MREV setting keeps reverting to 120.
I'm changing it to 0 under Config/Advanced Params and under Config/Full Parameter List. Under advanced Params I see no save or write option. Under FULL Param List I see SAVE TO FILE which saves the file in Amplanner 2 / Parameters folder. Then it asks for an input file header ? Huh? I get the feeling I'm in the wrong place.

Under config Full Parameters List there is a Write To under the heading FLight Controller.

I don't see a selection for the Pixhawk specifically. Btw I'm connecting APM planner and solo over wifi not with a USB cable connected to the Pixhawk. Is this where I'm going wrong?

is there a SYSID_SW_MREV setting other than the ones I'm changing?

Lastly it seems every time I restart solo it wants a compass calibration using the 3dr solo app which I do successfully. (Can I do this in APM planner?)
Calibration successful- Go Fly! GPS lock happens Then Screen says HOLD FLY TO START MOTORS but nothing happens.

I just fired up my other solo to compare settings in apmplanner and I see that the
SYSID SW MREV is set to 120 as well and that solo flys perfectly so I must not be adjusting the correct parameter or it's another problem altogether.

My hunch is the constant compass error is disabling motor start. However when I try to disable that pre arm check it doesn't stick

Use the Write To Flight Controller in apm planner. You have to write it to 0, then power cycle.

Or you could fire up tower and use it to write the 0 to SYSID_SW_MREV. Once you power cycle, there will be a different set of tones, then party mode on the LEDs, then you'll have to recalibrate level and Mag.

Some other parameter(s) is/are wrong. Go into MP and save your parameters to a file and post here and I will take a look at it. Basically what I will do is compare your parameters to a working Solo and maybe we can find it.

Ok. Thanks . Will try and figure out how to do that. You mentioned MP. Is that the same as APM Planner2.0?. That's what I'm running on a Mac (OSX10.11)

interesting . this time the props armed from the FLY button on the controller but only spun for an instant. they stopped and the solo went to all red lights flashing. i checked everywhere solo for something loose but everything seems to be in order.

heres the parameters i hope i have the correct file here. i also found the app log if that can be of help

Attachments

• parameter.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea