Motors!!! Shred Solo Shred, time to upgrade...

Reaction score
I've been searching and reading and reading and searching, and I just want to know what the best option for a motor upgrade is. I have found 2 suitable upgrades that are genuinely affordable and I thought that now would be a good time to give love to an old bird.

T-Motor MT2212-13 Professional Series (980Kv)

T-Motor MT2216-11 Professional Series (900Kv)

Which one of these would be best and easiest. I have a fully functional Solo that I hardly fly anymore, wait I never fly it anymore since I started building FPV quads for long distance freestyle. However I know that it's only a matter of time before I leave one of them on the side of a cliff somewhere and need to retrieve it. You guessed it rare earth magnet and my Solo to the rescue little mini quad buddies.

I'm looking to pick up 500-800 grams depending which little fella I leave out in the cold. I know that there are a few of you guys that have done motor swaps, and I always had planned to, but not at $50 a pop. Now under $15 that's a whole other story. So any and all advice is welcome thank you for your time.

Reactions: Coastwise
Installed the T-Motor 900Kv without any issues. The T-Motor is a good upgrade.
Soldering is a bit tricky but doable if careful.
Will need the TBS prop adapters -
2x 900kV2 Motor Self Tightening Prop Adapter (CCW) (US$ 11.9)
2x 900kV2 Motor Self Tightening Prop Adapter (CW) (US$ 11.9)

Good Luck

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
sorry in advance for sounding dumb but do you know how to change the three wires into the two wires the Solo uses?

Installed the T-Motor 900Kv without any issues. The T-Motor is a good upgrade.
Soldering is a bit tricky but doable if careful.
Will need the TBS prop adapters -
2x 900kV2 Motor Self Tightening Prop Adapter (CCW) (US$ 11.9)
2x 900kV2 Motor Self Tightening Prop Adapter (CW) (US$ 11.9)

Good Luck
Thanks.

I ended up with the 2212 980kv because there was only 2 of the 2216s..

It doesn't matter now anyway. I smashed it to little tiny bits the other day, so now it's just another project. Someday I'll put it in another frame and let it rip!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986