Motor spins - motor stops...

Reaction score
Hi,

New to drones and 3DR.
First crash broke one prop and motor No 4 stopped working. Got new ones on order.
Can't fly till new props arrive, but been turning her on every now and then
Every now and then broken motor works fine; then I'll turn it on and no joy.
What is the best process with an intermittent fault like this?
I want to throw the motor away in case it stops mid flight; but wanted to ask advice first.

Thanks

Somebody on here was looking for broken pods to experiment on. If they don't post up wanting it, throw it away.

@BobNoxious I would highly recommend you follow your gut instinct, and not fly with a faulty motor pod, it will fail at the worst time.
Replace it and fly with some confidence that the thing is reliable.
Thanks @Maddog, that was me looking for pods for mods :) @BobNoxious, I have sent you a private message.
R.

@BobNoxious I would highly recommend you follow your gut instinct, and not fly with a faulty motor pod, it will fail at the worst time.
Replace it and fly with some confidence that the thing is reliable.
Thanks @Maddog, that was me looking for pods for mods :) @BobNoxious, I have sent you a private message.
R.
Your welcome! "Pods for mods"- now that's funny!:cool:

Maddog is a desert poet....who would've thunk it?.....;) I agree on not flying with a faulty motor pod. You would just be asking for trouble. I think any hiccup at all in a motor, and it would be bye, bye for that one.

I guess it depends on whether you think spending ~$1,800 for a new solo/gimbal/gopro outweighs spending $60 for a new motor and do what you can to prevent a highly likely failure while at 400 feet up. It's not going to drift softly back down to the ground and land itself when the motor stops suddenly...It's gonna fall like a 3lb rock and you better hope it doesn't hurt someone or damage property when that happens since you will have absolutely no control over where/when it will happen.

I guess it depends on whether you think spending ~$1,800 for a new solo/gimbal/gopro outweighs spending $60 for a new motor and do what you can to prevent a highly likely failure while at 400 feet up. It's not going to drift softly back down to the ground and land itself when the motor stops suddenly...It's gonna fall like a 3lb rock and you better hope it doesn't hurt someone or damage property when that happens since you will have absolutely no control over where/when it will happen.

Thanks for those wonderful words of advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40