Motor Pod test

Reaction score
Just bought a 2nd Solo for parts (non functioning Best Buy return), is there a simple way to test the motor pods for functionality?

Reactions: Coastwise
If you can get the parts solo to power on and boot up to the point of connecting to the controller, you can connect a desktop (with wifi) or a laptop PC to the Solo wifi network, and use the PC software "Mission Planner" for testing motor pods. If the parts solo doesn't power up, you can swap the motor pods on the parts solo into your primary solo and test the motors using Mission Planner software on PC that way.

Parts Solo will not boot up (green lights) and will not connect to controller.
I suppose I could swap them out with the pods in my functioning Solo and
test them that way, but if the replacement pods are faulty, could this damage
the Solo?

Solex app will not connect. Password is accepted, but Solex continues to "Search".
No matter, I'll keep them around until needed then swap-and-see.

Try mission planner
I have defective motor pods with a for parts Solo, they give a "Battery too low for flight " message with the controller and Solo app, but connected to Mission Planner (or Tower) there are no messages and arm or do motor tests that spin the motors. Mission planner does not reflect what the Solo controller and app do.

Maybe someone with greater internal Solo support knowledge can step in. My understanding of Solo support, 3dr reviews logs sent in by customers and used their tools to to so, now many customers no longer have that option. Mission Planner can be connected to Solo, but my understanding 3dr did little MP in support of Solo. There are reports of problems updating Solo, I know this I broke my Solo doing this. There's a lot documentation for MP, but may not pertain to Solo PH2.0. If you or someone else has this knowledge, please document this for Solo or point to it.
Thanks

Reactions: Coastwise
with the deepest respect, I am trying to help. And we may be dealing with a language barrier. You asked how to test motors.
There are only two ways I know of, Mission Planner and the new solex feature of motor tests.
If you cannot connect to that solo, you are going to have to put them on a bench with some extra bench testing equipment.
Or Find a solo that will connect and test them in that solo
Sorry if you find that unhelpful but hey... I tried
As for my knowledge of solo and Mission planner, oh hell nevermind
Out

with the deepest respect, I am trying to help. And we may be dealing with a language barrier. You asked how to test motors.
There are only two ways I know of, Mission Planner and the new solex feature of motor tests.
If you cannot connect to that solo, you are going to have to put them on a bench with some extra bench testing equipment.
Or Find a solo that will connect and test them in that solo
Sorry if you find that unhelpful but hey... I tried
As for my knowledge of solo and Mission planner, oh hell nevermind
Out

I was commenting on use of Mission Planner with Solo, l have some experience with APM and Pixhawk1 on MP, but not much with Solo (pixhawk 2.0). My reply did not answer the posters original question on motor pod testing, so I'll try.

Shadowfell said his Solo didn't boot. A common problem for this is a burned out ESC on a motor pod, on startup a motor will twitch, remove that motor pod and if no other problems Solo will boot.

Thank everyone for your input, but it is mute at this point. Parts Solo has been disassembled into its various components and sorted.
I will use these parts on an "as needed" basis and go from there.
It would seem that the previous owner had done some very sloppy mods.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela