Motor Pod bearing size

Reaction score
Does anyone have either the motor manufacturer/model #, bearing size, or preferred the Boca Bearing p/n for replacement bearings? Going to replace bearings in motors.

Thanks,

David

Rich, got the measurements,,,Top 1/8" x 3/8" x .1562 found them on Boca bearings Thanks much!!!

Rich,

Thanks so much for your help. One of the good guys over at the Mod Club got me straightened out on the measurements. I just assumed (duh) they were metric. You guys saved me some $$$ and time and frustration. Got the bearings out. Everything always easier after you've done it..lol. Going with Boca Bearings, run up motor with MP, see what I get. Now that I know what I'm doing (I hope) not adverse to replacing all the bearings if I get good results. Maybe 15-20 minutes per motor taking my time. Thought about new motors but Ian says these are T-motors so much easier for me to replace bearings than motors. The more I experiment the more I am becoming suspicious of the props. Pretty much done everything else, ribbon cable, data cable, balancing, etc. Each mod improves the results to some degree, still not what we are all trying to achieve though. Anyway, will report my findings as soon as I get some results. Thanks again.

David

Maybe 15-20 minutes per motor taking my time.

<snip>....says these are T-motors so much easier for me to replace bearings than motors.

15-20 minutes...you're just showing off aren't you...;)

Again for the sake of being clear, the 3DR Solo motors are not T-motors as originally provided...They are SunnySKy in every aspect other than having their name imprinted somewhere. If they were T-Motors I doubt we'd be discussing bearings so soon...

Reactions: Raybro and J R
Yes,,,you got me. It's more like 17-22 minutes..lol. So, not T-motors. Well, I don't know anything except what I have learned here. The last motor I had as a spare, CW, after I installed and ran with MP, man, it sounded sweet,,just a hum at 50%. Anyway, guess new bearings won't hurt anything. I do appreciate your help. Hope I can one day return the favor or at least pass one along to one of the other folks.

I did replace all bearings on my solo and this is what i have used

First the motors ares practically the same as SunnySky V22 or X22-II Motors but shorter shaft

Bearing kit 3.17mm, a pair of Top and Bottom $3.99 for the set
http://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky-x2212-ii-bearings-pair.html

Retainer Clips for 3.17mm Motor Shafts FIVE "C" clips $0.75
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Retainer-Clips-for-317mm-Motor-…

Replacement Motor Shaft - 3.17mm x 41mm 'C' clip is included $2.50 eachs
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Replacement-Motor-Shaft-for-Pow…

Solo bearings mesurments top and bottom bearings
1) 951mm outside inside 3.17mm thickness 355mm
2) 792mm outside inside 3.17mm thickness355mm

Bearing replacement is probably fairly easy to do, what was involved in replacing the shafts.

So was the bearing replacement then successful in removing the vibrations?
I will have two pods with bad vibrations soon trying to figure out what I want to do with them, motor replace or bearing rebuild

@pyrate From my experience on one motor to date. I saw a vibration reduction to the point I reduced balance weight from .006g to .001g. So yes you should be able to reduce vibration. This was after I had a conversation with ProStock about his bearing replacement, he indicated it improved the motors.

In my opinion, some motors are worth the effort to replace the bearings. Then there are motors that heavy Cogging Torque, that makes absolutely no sense to replace the bearings. Bearings wont remendy cogging.....

I know it is a long read, but you might find some further information in my Motor Balance Data thread. My second to last entry details what I've learned by replacing the bearings...

@eclipse
I'd be curious as well to know if ProStock did in fact replace the shafts. Unless they were bent, I can't reason why they should be replaced.... You'd have to have a reasonable set of gauges to have the shafts properly installed to length and then remain true to the bell. I'd replace a motor rather than the shaft on the Solo's motors....ymmv

I did replace all bearings on my solo and this is what i have used

First the motors ares practically the same as SunnySky V22 or X22-II Motors but shorter shaft

Bearing kit 3.17mm, a pair of Top and Bottom $3.99 for the set
Japanese NMB Bearings for SunnySky V22 and X22-II Motors (i.d. 3.17mm, a pair)

Retainer Clips for 3.17mm Motor Shafts FIVE "C" clips $0.75
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Retainer-Clips-for-317mm-Motor-…

Replacement Motor Shaft - 3.17mm x 41mm 'C' clip is included $2.50 eachs
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Replacement-Motor-Shaft-for-Pow…

Solo bearings mesurments top and bottom bearings
1) 951mm outside inside 3.17mm thickness 355mm
2) 792mm outside inside 3.17mm thickness355mm
I think your measurements need some Dots. 951mm is about 38 inches. 25mm= 1inch! Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc