More Negative Publicity

This crap ticks me off to no end.
Hell, we've already got the solution - thirty days jail time or twenty-five thousand bucks, take your pick. Flyers would be falling over each other to straighten up after a few busts like that went down.

Reactions: UAVenthusiast
It's tough, the community wants to police itself but are against manufacturers hard coding no fly zones in their birds that would prevent jackassing around like this example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like common sense is not a prerequisite for flying. Heavy fines, possible jail time,as well as hard coding in no fly zones will be heard a lot down the line. It may be the only way to stop these idiots.

Im all for hard coded limits, but they need to be different than a 5 mile circle. They should represent actual approach and departure and should limit the altitude accordingly with 5 miles out possibly being limited to 150 or 200ft possibly 3 miles out to 150 and 2 miles out to 100, 1 mile no fly.

Yesterday I was flying up in the mountains... elevation 9000' +. I was up about 300' when a biplane came around the ridge and flew within a 100 yards of my bird. I'd say they were at about 350' and climbing to clear the next ridge and I'm not sure if they saw me. Later I checked my video and sure enough, I got a quick glimpse of the biplane in the upper left corner of the screen.

I can understand why he thought he had the mountain airspace to himself but that's just not the case any more. Hopefully they saw the drone and will now think twice before choosing to fly under 500'.

Im all for hard coded limits, but they need to be different than a 5 mile circle. They should represent actual approach and departure and should limit the altitude accordingly with 5 miles out possibly being limited to 150 or 200ft possibly 3 miles out to 150 and 2 miles out to 100, 1 mile no fly.
I agree this needs to be done. But it would be a massive effort unless maybe there is a GIS layer floating around somewhere with this information on it.

I don't believe everything I hear, or see.

Southwest's Website Struggles For 2nd Straight Day

By David Koenig

A massive slowdown on the Southwest Airlines website stretched through a second day on Thursday, leaving many customers unable to book flights during a big fare sale.

Southwest blamed the meltdown on heavy traffic from the sale. The carrier extended it by one day, to midnight on Friday night, to give frustrated customers more time to buy tickets.

On Thursday afternoon, some customers trying to book flights online got a message telling them that part of the website "is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable." The message directed people to call Southwest's toll-free number, but a reporter who did that got busy signals.

Southwest officials said the 800 number was working but call volume was high. At times, customers had trouble checking in for flights online, they said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44