More GoPro Karma woes today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
GoPro's Drone Initiative Crashes With Karma Recall | Audio/Video | TechNewsWorld

Such a shame...GoPro is clearly not a drone maker, but needs a really good GoPro-based drone to keep GoPro going...
3DR is clearly not a GoPro maker, but needs a really good GoPro-saavy company to invest $ to keep Solo going...

Hummm...I'm not that smart. SEEMS like the SHOULD be an answer here...but I just can't think of one.:(

too late for all of that, DJI is destroying the market
too few people care about an open source drone, and throw millions at DJI
consumer sector of the business has pretty much collapsed

Im thinking maybe two years back they should have put their heads together and built a note worthy company instead both companies imploding! would have made a great company with thier combined resources just my opinion based on nothing really just thinking out loud...

No doubt just seems like a waste but there will always be something newer and better so on with it!

re: DJI

Eventually they will be knocked down a peg or two.

Once the speed of tech advancement slows someone will rise up to challenge. the big roadblock now is a purpose build camera that has full control in app.

it's been more months pass no any updates on solo, so you guys planning to move other drone products?

I don't think we can expect many more, if any, updates for Solo. With a lot of people on here buying multiple Solo's, I think they feel Solo is still the best platform for aerial videos and pics. With the open platform and having people like Kelly come out with an app like Solex, I think we can still have a viable option to the Solo app. I think the biggest thing we will encounter is the availability of parts. Some things are already hard to find. I have 2 Solos, and I will stick with them to the end. I have been the route of flying a model one year only to have it outdated the next. So, imo, Solo is still one of the best platforms out there, and I will stay on board for the long haul. Good luck,TB, and safe flying.

Agreed. It's still worth flying Solos until you can't, and are forced to migrate. Still plenty of great deals available to take you a year or two on the platform (Bestbuy is selling a Solo, gimbal, props and 2 batteries for $349 now, and I would expect there will be other discounts until inventory is gone).
I would definitely NOT buy one if you are expecting 3DR to be making enhancements or updates to any part of the product now. And even warranty will be touch and go in the future, I am sure, as spares (and 3DR support folks) become more rare.

This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search before you craft your post. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - GoPro Karma Recall

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela