Mission Planner Help....

Reaction score
Just got my Solo yesterday, LOVE IT! Eventually planning on getting my 107 so that I can use it for search and rescue. Was playing with Mission planner today in order to plan out missions to save personnel by searching areas where it is difficult or even not logical to send actual people resources such as a corn field or empty field that while it needs to be checked, can be done with a drone.

Anyways, I got the fence sent up and the path plotted and uploaded to solo and started the path but the drone flew the pattern entirely too fast. Despite looking in the program as well as looking for tutorial videos online I can not find anywhere where you can set the flight speed. In order to be able to search effectively you really can only fly the grid so fast before it is useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

WPNAV_SPEED in the full parameter list should help you. If you are using the Survey Grid option in Mission Planner, IIRC, there is a box to select a speed. I have not used the survey grid in a while but that is how I remember it.

Just got my Solo yesterday, LOVE IT! Eventually planning on getting my 107 so that I can use it for search and rescue. Was playing with Mission planner today in order to plan out missions to save personnel by searching areas where it is difficult or even not logical to send actual people resources such as a corn field or empty field that while it needs to be checked, can be done with a drone.

Anyways, I got the fence sent up and the path plotted and uploaded to solo and started the path but the drone flew the pattern entirely too fast. Despite looking in the program as well as looking for tutorial videos online I can not find anywhere where you can set the flight speed. In order to be able to search effectively you really can only fly the grid so fast before it is useless.

Any help would be appreciated.
Just guessing you are using a iOS device. If you have an android device, Tower is available and I think it is easier to use than MP.
Also, Solex is available as a replacement for the 3DR Solo app. It is a great program and can do autonomous missions like Tower and MP.

Actually, I'm not, I'm using android. I loath just about everything apple...except my ipod. I did start playing with Tower this morning. I hadn't gotten into the menus enough to find some of the stuff I was looking for originally, but I did find it after looking a little harder and playing around with it some more. Speaking of tower, Is there a way to automatically fly the planned path in reverse automatically? With a camera angled, you can tend to miss something unless you fly it from the other direction as well.

Actually, I'm not, I'm using android. I loath just about everything apple...except my ipod. I did start playing with Tower this morning. I hadn't gotten into the menus enough to find some of the stuff I was looking for originally, but I did find it after looking a little harder and playing around with it some more. Speaking of tower, Is there a way to automatically fly the planned path in reverse automatically? With a camera angled, you can tend to miss something unless you fly it from the other direction as well.
Hmm- ask first the tough questions you do.
Actually, I don't know.

Not trying to be tough, just realistic for an actual search mission. Can't necessarily see everything looking straight down or at perhaps a 30 degree angle unless you see it from both directions.

Going out to get some plasti dip, you inspired me to try it and Orange is the universal color for Search and Rescue.

Reactions: Maddog
Not trying to be tough, just realistic for an actual search mission. Can't necessarily see everything looking straight down or at perhaps a 30 degree angle unless you see it from both directions.

Going out to get some plasti dip, you inspired me to try it and Orange is the universal color for Search and Rescue.
This is where the survey grid in MP comes in handy. Pick speed and overlap. MP will tell you the length of the mission both in distance and time. It will also show field of view based on altitude and camera type.

So....not to throw another difficult yet unknown question at you. Is it possible to plan a survey, change the type of mission to something like a cable cam and then have camera control the whole time?

So....not to throw another difficult yet unknown question at you. Is it possible to plan a survey, change the type of mission to something like a cable cam and then have camera control the whole time?
Yes, while on auto you still have gimbal control. I know you can control yaw by dragging the video feed in Tower, but honestly have never tried the left stick during a mission.

If a Solo works like my DIY, it should, you should have the ability to pitch the camera and yaw the aircraft while it is flying the mission. At each waypoint the copter will point its nose toward the next waypoint again

If it's for search and rescue, you'll be on the fly and with little prep time in a real emergency. Solex or Tower would be the best to master as it's easily done in the field on the go. MP is much much better, but I don't think you need it's capabilities, nor would you want to be reliant on a laptop in most emergency situations

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377