Maps on ipad 2 without cellular

Reaction score
Have an iPad mini 2 without wifi that I use with my Solo. If I make my iPhone 6 a hotspot, can I get Maps inflight or do I have to trade up to an iPad mini with cellular? I got to different parks around Pennsylvania and it is going to be a pain to download maps of places beforehand ( if I can), get to the park, and save the map.
Also, is there a YouTube video on the maps function of the Solo?

Sorry, I meant to say w/o cellular.
Even if you use your Iphone as a hotspot, your mini will be only able to connect via wifi to either the hotspot or to the Solo but not both at the same time. (a tablet with cell service, can do both at the same time) So you will have to cache your maps either way. You just have to choose whether to do it at home or at launch site.

I would cache maps from home for those places you know you are going to fly and then use hotspot in case you have to download anything additional from the launch site.

Here's how I solved the problem.
I went out and bought a new iPad mini with cellular and gave my old iPad to my wife as a present. Now I'm the caring husband and I get satellite feedsvon my Solo. Perfect solution!

Reactions: Del
I conect the wifi from ipad mini 2 to solo and cache maps with my iphone with bluetooth internet conectivity

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela