Mapping Solo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have decided to make a mapping solo using CHDK or other triggers since the accessories port on Solo has yet to be used by any developer to my knowledge. Maybe one day 3dr will help with that development but for now I want to build a solo with a pixhawk 1. I plan on using the solo frame and motors and would like to use the current battery setup.

I have never build a drone before so please chime in to help improve the process. If I use the pixhawk 1 I believe i should be able to connect the motors to it fairly easily and I will use the M8N chip for GPS. I think the bay under the battery where the current pixhawk 2 is will have enough room for the pixhawk 1.

My questions are will I be able to put a wifi card in the solo to connect the stock controller or will i require the mavlink setup with a dx7. I plan on doing all flights with tower and mission planner so I am not concerned about fpv. In theory if I connect all of these systems I should be able to make a mapping solo using mission planner and a cannon s100 camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M