magnetic tray

Reaction score
I had my solo on a work bench with a magnetic tray close by now it won't do anything but tell me to move it away from metal even when its no where near metal how do I fix it? Any help would be great

Try giving it a light whack on the rump. It sounds like the MEMS compass parts are literally stuck together from the strong field.

If you have a spare solo , replace the compass leg. If not I think B&H has them for like $16.

Easy fix that works. Degauss the compass! Coil up about 20 feet of 24 gauge wire in a coil about 4 inches in diameter and connect it to a 6 volt AC output of a wall wart. Make sure it is AC, DC will not work. Now energize the coil, place the coil around the compass leg on the solo and slowly remove the coil. Turn on Solo and behold..no magnetic interference problem. You may have to do this a few times depending on how much the compass sensor has be magnetized. I had the same problem, no matter where I put the Solo, the readout on the transmitter had the display " Magnetic Interference", after the degaussing everything works fine.

W5DUG

Reactions: Kiraniv Group
Easy fix that works. Degauss the compass! Coil up about 20 feet of 24 gauge wire in a coil about 4 inches in diameter and connect it to a 6 volt AC output of a wall wart. Make sure it is AC, DC will not work. Now energize the coil, place the coil around the compass leg on the solo and slowly remove the coil. Turn on Solo and behold..no magnetic interference problem. You may have to do this a few times depending on how much the compass sensor has be magnetized. I had the same problem, no matter where I put the Solo, the readout on the transmitter had the display " Magnetic Interference", after the degaussing everything works fine.

W5DUG

Whatever it is, it's fabulous!
thank you @W5DUG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela