Magnetic Interference

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Crashed my solo on day two into a tree about 15ft high. It fell to the ground with broken propellers and a slightly bent compass leg (still in place). I replaced the propellers and tried flying it with the bent compass leg, but it indicates a magnetic interference. I tried calibrating the compass but it will not clear. A new compass leg is coming in this week, but I would have assumed it would still operate since the wire itself is not damaged. My kids are not happy with me and I need some help :(

Thanks!

Welcome, Jason. You aren't giving much info on the flight that crashed. What type of area were you flying in? What mode were you flying in? Did you go through all pre-flight updates and checks? Did the app show a successful compass calibration? Did you look through the manual before flying? There are many more things we need to know. Many times, magnetic interference is cause by being too close to buildings, cars, or even rebar under concrete. You asked for help, but really never asked a pointed question. We also don't know for sure of your experience with UAV's. I am not trying to beat you up, but your post didn't give us a lot to go on. I wish you luck, and I hope you get back in the air soon. If you haven't done it yet, do yourself a favor and download the manual and study it well. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Guess i'm not getting any other feedback. My pointed question is can a crash cause the magnetic interference indicator to not clear? I'm in an area clear of any buildings, etc and was able to fly in this same area with no problems before the crash. I have zero experience fixing UAVs. Should I buy a new GPS unit? Should I buy a new Solo all together?

Watch all 3 of these videos. They are very informative, and this Guy had a problem like yours, after a crash.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fixed the compass leg. Went to open field with zero interface and performed a compass calibration but failed multiple times. It's still indicating magnetic interference. Need suggestions on what to do next? Buy new?

Jason, calibrating the compass is not all that easy. Did you watch the green bar at the top of the screen on your tablet/phone while calibrating?:)

Jason, calibrating the compass is not all that easy. Did you watch the green bar at the top of the screen on your tablet/phone while calibrating?:)

Yes, I watched the green bar move across the upper part of the screen until it was complete. That's when it indicated a failed calibration. Is there something else I should be doing.

Humm, was just a thought. Mine was rather finicky, and took a few try's. Is the other end of the compass wire securely attached inside Solo? Just trying to help.

Humm, was just a thought. Mine was rather finicky, and took a few try's. Is the other end of the compass wire securely attached inside Solo? Just trying to help.

Yes, I just replaced the leg and it’s secure. It was doing this before I replaced the damaged compass leg.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421