Magnetic interference

Reaction score
I loaded open solo and did compass calibration and now it says magnetic interference no matter where I try it. I would appreciate any help

I loaded open solo and did compass calibration and now it says magnetic interference no matter where I try it. I would appreciate any help
HAVE you taken it apart in ANYWAY? one of the legs or?
it might be something as simple as a reset or who knows. but what have you done outside of loading it.

I have Here GPS on it and it was working great until I installed open solo

if you have mission planner open it and look under mandatory components see if more than one compass is there.if so try to remove 2nd compass and or 3rd compass this worked for me...although i am still unable top get my green cube functioning , open solo is working fine after removing other compass

I'm having a very similar problem! When I power on my Solo and controller I receive a "Magnetic Interference" message on the controller. I moved to several different spots to make sure I was clear of any metal or magnetic objects, but to no avail. I thought maybe it just needed a recalibration at this point, but when I go in to calibrate IMU and calibrate compass it will complete the IMU just fine, but the progress bar for the compass calibration only fills halfway then stops and won't progress any further. It was this way in both the 3DR app and in Solex. Then yesterday I decided to do the upgrade to Open Solo and flashed both the controller and the copter successfully, however the warning that was originally displayed as "Magnetic Interference" has changed to "Compass Calibration" in the new Open Solo firmware. Please, does anyone have any ideas to help??

Reactions: Matman
Deadpool-
I believe Pedals2paddles states in the Open Solo instructions that your Solo needs to be in fully functioning condition before you go to Open Solo and that going to Open Solo will not resolve any pre-existing conditions.
Sit back, relax and wait. When Matt sees your thread, maybe he has the solution. He’s the guy who keeps Solo flying.

Reactions: Deadpool
Deadpool-
I believe Pedals2paddles states in the Open Solo instructions that your Solo needs to be in fully functioning condition before you go to Open Solo and that going to Open Solo will not resolve any pre-existing conditions.
Sit back, relax and wait. When Matt sees your thread, maybe he has the solution. He’s the guy who keeps Solo flying.
Yeah I realize that now that I'm reading up on Open Solo more....ugh lol. I'm going to swap out the leg compass with a spare today and I'm hoping that'll fix the problem. If not then in Matt we trust....

If I’m mistaken, you don’t want to swap out the leg compus, rather you need to eliminate it. Since you have a Here gps w compus you don’t want the leg compus, it could be the source of the problem/ interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela