M8N GPS beep

Reaction score
Hello, I installed a M8n gps, the quality one from France not from RTFquads. Took a while to setup, took me forever to realize I needed to set comm protocol in UBLOX GUI as I2C protocol. Works great now! Just one error, after finishing the on sequence when turned on the solo now beeps constantly. One large beep a second. Arming the motors and shutting them off gets rid of the beeping. Any idea what it could be? Nothing in the app the controller or anything is giving me any error messages. It's completely functional just really...annoying. All help much appreciated, thank you

Is it a Dadaladar dadaladar over and over?

If so you got the cable wired wrong

That definitely sounds like it. I followed the wiring instructions on hackster.io. I am proficient with soldering so it's just getting everything set up properly

Attachments

• IMG_3765.PNG
    IMG_3765.PNG
    119.7 KB · Views: 27
I had the same problem it was just the connector wasn't pushed in fully to the GPS

When mine made that awful noise i had Miss connected 2 wires on my here gps.

After I double checked and altered the connections the lights immediately lit up on the here. Did a level calibration and a compass calibration and omg. What a difference over the version A and the Mro, I was shocked to say the least. .

I have the Mro in my "playing" solo and the here on my experimental solo, and a version A gps in my doner.

All three in the back yard.

3 feet apart.

Version A = 7 satellites and a hdop of 1.1

Mro = 12 satellites and a hdop of 0.8

Here = 18 satellites and a hdop of 0.3

So I swapped positions so they were in a like for like comparison.

No difference.

FYI the next door neighbour has a massssssive conifer in his back garden and I have trees and conifers also.

The most I have ever seen in the back yard is 15 satellites and a hdop of 0.7 on the Mro.

Obviously I have not flown in the back yard as far too much over hangs from the trees.

So, I will fly them tomorrow evening if the weather is good on the farm and see which one is the steadiest and how good the RTL is in comparison.

It's cool now I can create a flight plan then save it as a mission. I can do the same flight for each one giving a perfect comparison.

A very happy Steve. :)

I will post some pictures of the here on the experimental solo tomorrow.

Fly safe everyone.

I just double checked my wiring for the gps while I was soldering a flexible data cable and all wiring was right. I checked per the attached picture. Also took every connector out and firmly reconnected. I was mistaken before it's not two beeps but a constant one until I arm motors. GPS reception is perfect.
There must be a way to connect to mission planner and see why it's complaint? At least I have a donor solo that I can switch all my parts too but would like this one to work perfect.
Doesn't someone sell a plug and play cable? I also suspect it may be my gps settings, I might try wiping it plugging in everyone else's numbers in the ublox GUI.

Attachments

• IMG_3772.PNG
    IMG_3772.PNG
    178.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Sorry to bring this back up but still having the same issue. I reset the gps to default and then re-applied all the settings from the hackster.io page which
Baud rate 38400
Rate 200ms/5hz
Type - airplane <4g
2D+3D fix

I switched protocol in/out to ublx only and no change. I set all satellite assistance off SBAS/IMES/QZSS. No avail.

I would love some help from someone who's had to do the same with adjusting gps values in u-center

I've checked the wiring more times than I can count, yellow is tx, red is vcc/5v, brown is rx and black is ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc