Loss of Live Feed to GP4B

Reaction score
Website
www.jlphotocreative.com
I posted on the Solo Discussion forum regarding this issue which has been recurring over the last week and I thought this thread topic may be a little more GoPro centric.

I have the GoPro Hero 4 Black, no mods and the stock HDMI cable. I 'usually' use an iPhone 6s Plus to monitor and fly from the controller. My Solo is only a couple of weeks old now and it has been out about a dozen times but with up to 4 batteries per session (sometimes less due to weather or time of day).

After about 5 or 6 flights I started to get intermittent live feed problems, but with the record button still red and ready to start stop. Other times it's greyed out and inoperative. I have on one or two occasions noticed that the micro HDMI at the camera was not quite 'clicked in' that last bit. now however this is always checked and is not considered as a factor in this issue.

At about Flight 10 I introduced an Android device because I was using Tower for the first time. A Samsung Galaxy S5. When in Auto and flying the mission - that too would lose feed. Now there is consistently no feed like the iOS device. At one point the Android device gave me a warning that the GoPro needed to have the latest firmware installed to work with Tower - it has!

I have also had 2 or 3 'freezes' of the GoPro which has resulted in needing to remove the battery from the camera. I have since read on the forum that a 10 second press of the power button should have the same effect.

Needless to say I am a little frustrated. I will be carrying out a clean install of the GoPro Firmware again tonight in the hope of clearing any issue. Controller, Solo and Solo App are all up to date latest versions.

Help!

I have had the same issues regarding the GoPro. Red and ready for photo/video and other times it's grey and inoperative. It never switches back from grey to red until I land, check gimble connections and restart Solo.

I am also having issues with photos/videos saving to 6S and IPad. I usually am able to capture the first couple of videos/photos of flight then they no longer save to device. They do save to GoPro SD card.

Sound is also intermittent on videos. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Help!

I thought I would post this here to see if it helps anyone with the same issue (of which I know there are several). I was about to perform a factory reset on the Solo but they have advised that this will not fix the issue. Their response is as follows:
_________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for contacting 3DR Technical Support.

We do apologize for all the inconveniences you had been through.

The factory reset would not help you with the issue you are having, instead please follow the instructions below:
Take off the GoPro from the mount
Connect the GoPro to the SOLO (make sure you feel a click)
Make sure the Camara has a full charge.
Check on your Camara to make sure if you are in the USA have NTSC and if you are located outside the United States please select PAL.
Change resolution on the GoPro to 1080/60 medium.
Make sure that the camera is properly connected to the HDMI cable.
If that does not work please do a power cycle following steps:

Turn off SOLO.
Disconnected GoPro from SOLO.
Turn off GoPro.
Closed APP.
Connect GoPro to SOLO. -Turn on: SOLO > GoPro > Controller > and App. -Make sure the WiFi is off ( on camera)

I will try this tonight when I get home and update this post (and 3DR). ...also I assume a Camara is the same as a Camera!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela