Losing video feed

Reaction score
Website
gunslingersgulch.com
This is an ongoing issue I cannot seem to clear up..normally I have good feed for however far through the first battery then it starts rolling and I lose it completely..I can land re-boot and feed comes back but loses it again..I have been into this thing a couple of times to check the cable...cable looks fine..connections are good..it is good and secure. Yesterday it threw me a curve by losing feed straight out of the box..went up 500 feet and it started rolling right away..hard to film when you cannot see wtf you are filming..what next?..replace the cable that I think there is nothing wrong with?...something else to look at? Thanks

Connect your camera to tv and check. It might need to be updated or it could be your video card.

Reactions: brushhippie
Have you ever crashed? How is your internal hdmi cable placed/installed in solo, what method did you use?

There are several hdmi interconnects from the GP to the Solo transmitter. Sounds like a connection is either working loose from vibration or almost like a cold solder type of issue...i.e. works and then fails.

GoPro Hdmi connector
Gimbal Hdmi to GP
Gimbal Hdmi connector to cable
Hdmi cable
Hdmi connector to IMX6 board

Like Gary, test your GoPro first from a TV to insure it doesn't have a faulty hdmi connector.

You can perform a simple test to evaluate the gimbal to hdmi cable connection. With Solo ON but not armed, obviously with GP installed into gimbal and ON. Watching your video feed, pitch and roll Solo by hand and/or gently shake to simulate what the bird may see in flight. If your feed flickers or rolls, then it is likely located at that point. If so, it is likely that the gimbal's hdmi connector has failed.

Reactions: brushhippie
OK so I went ahead and pulled it apart to check the cable connection..it was firmly in place SO..I will get another cable ordered plus wifi and gps upgrades while I have it apart. Cannot imagine it being the motherboard and having and losing...seems if it was faulty it would get no feed...hoping I suppose..thanks guys!..and aint it some shite...new tv has hdmi printed in big letters on the back...damned if I can find it...

Reactions: RichWest
I found them...they are a bigger size hdmi requiring a different cable so...there will be no testing the cable by plugging it into the tv.

Its the app. It was happening to me. I called 3DR and they said to remove the app and reinstall it. It worked fine after.

Reactions: Juan Rivera
IMG_5756.PNG IMG_5753.PNG IMG_5753.PNG I had not flown since the initial 10.3 update test flights I did that weekend.
Sunday I got blue static /rolls.

Just tried reinstalling no change.

Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_5755.PNG
    IMG_5755.PNG
    565.8 KB · Views: 18
yep
almost all my feed issues were solved by putting vibration absorbing gel between the HDMI connector and main board

yep
almost all my feed issues were solved by putting vibration absorbing gel between the HDMI connector and main board
Im having the same problem, which gel or type did you use?

Moon jel. It's real use is to reduce vibration on drums. Works super on solo. Buy amazon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea