Losing signal

Reaction score
I have been practicing flying in sports complex that has housing developments nearby ... I can fly out about 1300 ft with good signal, but when I turn around back toward me it loses signal. Havent heard of this before ... I'm ordering the Alpha antennas and will see if they help with this ...

Possibly when you turn broadside the antennas are exposed to just enough extra interference. Or one antenna connector is loose inside the bird. At what point does signal return?

Possibly when you turn broadside the antennas are exposed to just enough extra interference. Or one antenna connector is loose inside the bird. At what point does signal return?
When it starts return I can gain control after a few seconds. It has much stronger signal when back of drone is facing me.

I have been practicing flying in sports complex that has housing developments nearby ... I can fly out about 1300 ft with good signal, but when I turn around back toward me it loses signal. Havent heard of this before ... I'm ordering the Alpha antennas and will see if they help with this ...

Distance out will vary based on conditions, but yes I also experience this with both of my Solos - no signal loss when Solo is pitched away from you, but after turning to return the signal gets lost a short while later.

The Alpha antennas will definitely help, but the signal loss could still occur the same way if you go out further than you are now.

Thanks ... probably 1500 to 2000ft is as far as I'll ever go

Strange, I'm out 1 km. no signal loss on controller of FPV video feed. Although, I'm using two Alpha antennas and the Solo is at 140 ft. altitude over
a field of corn (flatland). Just remember, if you get the Alphas to point them down on the controller with the Alpha logo pointed at the Solo while in flight
because they are directional antennas. For the price, you can't go wrong with these antennas.

Reactions: jaymst
Tried the Alphas and very little difference ... noticed much more directional. Must be the amount of wifi in area ... lots of houses nearby

The altitude, obstructions and interference will affect the signals from Solo to the controller. Try it out in a open field with the stock antennas and the
Alpha antennas as a test. Antenna connections inside the Solo and even on your controller might be bad? Never run the controller without antennas
and check on YouTube with user video posts that are using the antennas to see how they position the Alphas.

Suggestion: The Alfa antenna is a mature and proven product, unlike the Alpha antenna which hasn't even reached the Beta test stage yet. Alfa is easier to spell, too. :D

I tried the Alphas from Amazon @ $20 ... I am flying in same spot at sports complex with soccer fields & quad baseball fields ... it has lots of track homes nearby ... I positioned Alphas down with name facing drone ... standard & Alphas only go about 1500 +/- ft ... Alphas little better but more directional ... this very open area, but only thing I can figure is it's wifi interference from the surrounding homes limiting reception

Could someone give me a link to these Alfa antennas? Also what other antennas are there that increases the range even more? And what direction should the antennas be facing (The Alfa antennas not the stock ones) Thanks in advance

Could someone give me a link to these Alfa antennas? Also what other antennas are there that increases the range even more? And what direction should the antennas be facing (The Alfa antennas not the stock ones) Thanks in advance

There is a HUGE discussion thread on antennas. In fact I think it is a sticky. I recommend you find that thread instead of repeating the info here.
That being said, the FPVLR antennas look nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421