Looks like I am in Pre-order line again for an antenna

Reaction score
I figured out the the $400 flat panel kit that DSLRpro's is selling uses the exact ITELITE panel that DBS is selling for the new P3.

The cables and everything will work ! Just need to build a mount for it.

I really need the range. I know Chuck got 2.5 miles with a test Solo and one of these panels. For what they cost I dont know why anyone would not upgrade. Signal disconnects are way to common on the stock Solo.

www.dbsmods.com

I'm going to roll my own first from a couple of inexpensive 2.4ghz quad 11-12dbi patch antenna boards I ordered. If i find it too directional I may order the kit from FPVLR due to the wider control path. Not sure yet. I should have the boards on Monday.

I'm with RRM. Like he say's, lots of different flavors, all depends on your taste. Best of luck, look forward to your posts and results. Will do the same here when mine arrives.

I figured out the the $400 flat panel kit that DSLRpro's is selling uses the exact ITELITE panel that DBS is selling for the new P3.

The cables and everything will work ! Just need to build a mount for it.

I really need the range. I know Chuck got 2.5 miles with a test Solo and one of these panels. For what they cost I dont know why anyone would not upgrade. Signal disconnects are way to common on the stock Solo.

www.dbsmods.com

You may be able to use the P3 mount with a slight mod to it because there is a screw under the mobile device holder however, if they know it will work with a Solo, why don't they just produce the mount, for $98 ... I'm in ..

. If i find it too directional I may order the kit from FPVLR due to the wider control path.

I am not sure you will find it overly directional. The higher gain antennas pick up the gain by taking it from the sides and back. The FPVLR antenna has a lot of gain but I am pretty sure its more directional because of it.

I watched a video of DBS flying off the side of controller. He had the panel 90 from bird. He actually flew a long ways off the sides. That said I think your panels are going to be better in that area but if you are trying to stretch another 10-20% distance out of it, the FPVLR is going to be the choice.

I am basing this on what I have watched online. I don't have any flat panel experience at distance. Only FPVLR stuff which works great but pretty narrow.

Nothing is free. Gain comes by removing signal off sides and back !

You may be able to use the P3 mount with a slight mod to it because there is a screw under the mobile device holder however, if they know it will work with a Solo, why don't they just produce the mount, for $98 ... I'm in ..

You know I don't know the answer as to why.

That's good info on the slight mod to mount to make it work. Thanks Dodge !

I am positive the P3 ITELITE panel will work with the Solo. But drop DBS an email and ask him and see what he says.

Here is that video I was talking about. I am thinking the panels are pretty wide beam width.

If I can get an antenna that will take me 2.5 miles and its pretty forgiving to moving to controller then this is for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is that video I was talking about. I am thinking the panels are pretty wide beam width.

If I can get an antenna that will take me 2.5 miles and its pretty forgiving to moving to controller then this is for me.

i would like to know where that field is that he is flying at.
would love to fly my free flight model there.

if this antenna really works cheap way to go.
3DR Solo out to 1.5 miles!! - Hi-gain antenna test

Thats pretty cheap. But not sure the stock antennas wouldn't go that far across open water.

yes I know I won't have my solo fo a couple of weeks or longer.
it's not too expensive somebody should buy it and try it out.
find out how far they get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks