Looking for some parts...

Reaction score
I just bought a crashed 3DR Solo for 100$ (my first quadcopter/drone), and I managed to get it up and running with a factory reset/firmware update and a new motor, unfortunately the gimbal seems to have the headbanging issue. I was looking for a 3DR Gimbal replacement, a Leg replacement and also the travel backpack. If anyone has any of these items for sale, please feel free to message me.

I am located in Florida, USA and would be happy to cover the shipping.

Last edited:
hi that headbanging effect i fixed it on mine by turning that little round silver plate in the back, u have to play with it till u get it right
Thank you, I will tinker with it tomorrow some more and try that. I inspected the ribbon cable for damage and it seemed okay. The metal arm looks a little off to me, but that just might be how it is made for balancing purposes possibly, I'm not sure. I'm just really happy to have the drone up and running otherwise, it's been really fun so far.

Hi, I have a couple of replacement legs you can have for cost of shipment from Nebraska and I may have a back pack (not free). PM me and I will let you know. Bob

Reactions: ZefPanda
I have a new, never used gimbal and backpack if you are interested make me an offer.

Thank you, I will tinker with it tomorrow some more and try that. I inspected the ribbon cable for damage and it seemed okay. The metal arm looks a little off to me, but that just might be how it is made for balancing purposes possibly, I'm not sure. I'm just really happy to have the drone up and running otherwise, it's been really fun so far.

FYI: The gimbal must have a camera mounted and balanced. The servo system can only manage a balanced load otherwise it will go crazy trying to level itself. With the Solo off and camera mounted use the appropriate weights to get the gimbal to go to level front and back plus side to side. Move the camera-gimbal assembly off balance and it should return to level.

I am getting a lot of replies to this post in the past 48 hours. Unfortunately I crashed my solo in a tree and then had it fall into a pond for a few seconds, at this point im not sure if the bird will fly again. I will reassemble it tomorrow and test. I won't be buying components for the Solo until I know It is able to fly again.

3DR Solo Crashed

I am getting a lot of replies to this post in the past 48 hours. Unfortunately I crashed my solo in a tree and then had it fall into a pond for a few seconds, at this point im not sure if the bird will fly again. I will reassemble it tomorrow and test. I won't be buying components for the Solo until I know It is able to fly again.

3DR Solo Crashed
Well damn! That sucks. Let Solo dry completely. Disassemble it and put in some rice for a few days.

Im also looking for a gimbal... Just purchased a used setup and the gimbal is constantly grinding without the camera in and with the gopro in its constantly connecting and disconnecting. Main reason I got it was for the telemetry and video making. Interested in a bag as well if the price is right :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea