Looking for recommendations for Kits/ARF

Reaction score
I have been having fun flying and messing around with Solo, but I would really like to build my own. I was looking to do that, as a learning exercise, but when I looked around Solo was so inexpensive that I figured I could start there...

But I want to learn about the build, the tuning, etc...and reading stuff with no context isn't really my thing.

Any suggestions on basically a beginner's kit, or a ARF? Price matters...and if I could buy it in parts...

So, maybe a recommended parts list and instruction set? There are so many out there that it is hard to know what is good and bad.

Thank you,
David

I have a DJI F450 equipped with a Pixhawk, telemetry, gimbal, FPV and on and on. It will do everything a Solo will do but cost you about $600 - $700. This is why I bought three Solo's as they were being cleared out.

I cut my teeth building a 3DR DIY Quad with Pixhawk. She is still flying for me regularly. I'm afraid that they are no longer available (unless someone has an unbuilt kit in their basement), but if you Google 3DR DIY Quad you can download the assembly instructions which are pretty good. They would apply to most any assembled multirotor.
Funny thing is when 3DR started selling the Solo, they got out of the DIY market, and sold much of their products at a deep discount just to clear the shelves. I've made out very well on both of 3DR's marketing mistakes. I have the DIY Quad, Y6, 5 Solos and a 650 Hex made in Part from 3DR components.
3DR just needs to let the Engineers to the engineering and get someone with a business sense to run the business side.

I have been having fun flying and messing around with Solo, but I would really like to build my own. I was looking to do that, as a learning exercise, but when I looked around Solo was so inexpensive that I figured I could start there...

But I want to learn about the build, the tuning, etc...and reading stuff with no context isn't really my thing.

Any suggestions on basically a beginner's kit, or a ARF? Price matters...and if I could buy it in parts...

So, maybe a recommended parts list and instruction set? There are so many out there that it is hard to know what is good and bad.

Thank you,
David

David, i know you didn't start this thread as a "Wanted" ad, but I have a proposal for you. Gonna PM you with details.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc