License

Reaction score
Are you supposed to have license right now for rec purposes only at this time and/or is that coming in the future?

In Canada, if drone, or any "remotely piloted aircraft" (RPA) weighs 250 grams (about 1/2 pound) or greater, you need to write and pass online basic exam and is for flight only in uncontrolled airspace. All aircraft must be registered and numbers displayed on aircraft. There is an advanced rating for controlled airspace but requires use of Transport Canada certified drone and the advanced pilot passing a flight test in front of TC licensed reviewer with said certified drone. Believe it or not, you have to document your flights even for basic. Must be 14 to get license.
Alternative is to join MAAC (Model Aeronautics Association of Canada, same as AMA), which exempts you from the above rules provided you are following the MAAC safety rules and policies.

In the USA, recreational (non-commercial) drone pilots are required to obtain a "Small UAS Certificate of Registration", label your drone(s) with your registration number, and follow a few simple guidelines. Obtaining the certificate is easy and doesn't even require passing a test. Complete info here: Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations
label your drone(s) with your registration number..not sure (other than recovery) what this is for..and a 10 character registration number for something this size is a bit much..I intend to put mine on there if I can find stickers that small! Law and order every time..thats us! lol Yea..this is solo foxtrot alpha three papa xray papa lima..breath...four seven kilo requesting..

label your drone(s) with your registration number..not sure (other than recovery) what this is for..and a 10 character registration number for something this size is a bit much..I intend to put mine on there if I can find stickers that small! Law and order every time..thats us! lol Yea..this is solo foxtrot alpha three papa xray papa lima..breath...four seven kilo requesting..
Generally if speaking with ACS the tradition is to shorten the reg. no. to just the last 5 digits....

Reactions: brushhippie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421