Letus Anamorphic on the 3DR Gimbal

Reaction score
Website
www.whoisjsd.com
Can't seem to find anything online or anybody who has tried it, but has anybody balanced the Letus anamorphic on the 3DR Solo gimbal? I am willing to mod the gimbal and get one specifically to mod for the anamorphic adapter as they are cheap enough now to do so. I have tons of experience balancing larger gimbals and I have heard that the gimbal for the 3DR Solo has a few mods for modified GoPros. I wanted to see if anybody has tried it before taking the plunge.

Also, has anybody here tried the Letus on a gopro with a modified lens? I emailed Letus and asked if their anamorphic was specifically designed to work with the original GoPro wide angle, but they never responded.

I live in Japan, so getting a drone was never a priority (The laws here are stupid) but if I can put one together for certain cinema shots I can justify it.

Any help is appreciated!

Peau just launched one but said the weight was most likely too much for the solo gimbal

Don't know how much weight we're talking, but I suspect the gimbal may be able to handle the center of gravity offset if it's not too heavy. I'm thinking you will have more issue fitting the GoPro into the mount with extra material on the camera. It's a pretty tight fit. If you can get it into the gimbal mount, you could always try the old fashioned way of simply adding counterweight to balance it.

Don't know how much weight we're talking, but I suspect the gimbal may be able to handle the center of gravity offset if it's not too heavy. I'm thinking you will have more issue fitting the GoPro into the mount with extra material on the camera. It's a pretty tight fit. If you can get it into the gimbal mount, you could always try the old fashioned way of simply adding counterweight to balance it.
Well, I'm hoping that somebody has already done it so I don't have to be the guinea pig, haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc