led lights,

Reaction score
ok so I am a new flyer, but I bought a used 3dr drone, and I went ahead and reset set it too factory setting and have searched all over the internet for this error. but i cant find a reason behind it. in the front of the drone, it is supposed to have two white/blue lights and two red lights in the rear., but I have three lights. red and one light white/blue. But everything still works, not sure what to do. is this a internal error? light bulb burnt out? no clue. please help.

Attachments

• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Welcome to the forum!
This has been discussed before but sometimes the electronics that drive the led's go "wonky". Nobody seems to know exactly why but it never seems to affect performance.

As far as I know, there's no fix but usually it goes away after a few on-off cycles.

jnchome-
I see you have the polar pro system for Solo-
suggest going to search bar and enter; Brite Lite LED video- and check this system out! It’s makes Solo from a distance look like an approaching aircraft looking for the nearest airport. You makes visual identification super simple. Just wanted to put it out there.

Reactions: Maddog
Christ. I look illiterate.
a) it makes Solo from a distance.....
b) It makes visual identification.....

It’s 1:18 pm in Maryland and I swear I haven’t been drinking!!

Reactions: jnchome
Yeah. Says the guy who drove through Indiana two days ago and wants to meet in Chicago! It’s so cold up there- I’m sure you are hitting the high octane liquor- straight from Moonshiners!!!
See Bruce- I’m tracking you... running through the different states selling those gimbals!!

Hey- Is it me or does it seem like forum traffic is light? Is it because it’s winter?

Yeah. Says the guy who drove through Indiana two days ago and wants to meet in Chicago! It’s so cold up there- I’m sure you are hitting the high octane liquor- straight from Moonshiners!!!
See Bruce- I’m tracking you... running through the different states selling those gimbals!!
That explains the flashing beeping lump at the base of my skull . ....

I'm in warmer weather now....but you already knew that didn't you?

another issue I am having is fly away's. I will be under control and next thing I know. the drone just shoots off like a rocket. no control the pause button doesn't work. wierd. its happened twice to me already. I upgraded the antenna's for the controller. but do I need to do something to let the controller know I upgraded it?

another issue I am having is fly away's. I will be under control and next thing I know. the drone just shoots off like a rocket. no control the pause button doesn't work. wierd. its happened twice to me already. I upgraded the antenna's for the controller. but do I need to do something to let the controller know I upgraded it?
Think you might wanna check GPS quality and compass calibration. Log files will tell the tale.

forgive my ignorance, but how do you check the log files?
as far as calibrating I plan to calibrate it before every flight from here on out.

another issue I am having is fly away's. I will be under control and next thing I know. the drone just shoots off like a rocket. no control the pause button doesn't work. wierd
Learn to fly in manual mode also program one of the controller buttons for manual mode, If you lose GPS or it multipaths that is the exact symptom you will experience from the Solo, hitting the pause button will do nothing but get you into trouble. Do some searching on this very subject all GPS assisted drones suffer from GPS/Blackouts, it's not Solo specific.

damn thank you for the knowledge. how you program the buttons? is that info in the manual?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo