Kitoko

Reaction score
I have a 3dr solo, it flights well but I am having trouble with changing the speed in performance mode. When changing speed and exit it returns to slow speed.
Someone said your device must have version 6.0 before the 3dr solo app will work properly .
Is this true, or is there another reason I can't change the speed in performance mode on 3dr app?

I have a 3dr solo, it flights well but I am having trouble with changing the speed in performance mode. When changing speed and exit it returns to slow speed.
Someone said your device must have version 6.0 before the 3dr solo app will work properly .
Is this true, or is there another reason I can't change the speed in performance mode on 3dr app?
What device are you using?

I'm using a note 3 version 5.0
I have had Samsung to reload the version 5.0 I also deleted the app 3 time and reloaded on my note 3.

I also attempted to use the 3dr app on my Samsung 5.0.2 but same problem " no apply prompt " after attempting to change speed under performance mode. After exiting performance mode the speed adjustment returns to slow (turtle).

Thank for responding,

But all the 3dr robotics training videos show the word "apply" in green after you have adjusted solo or camera speed.
I've tried to change speed on both my Samsung devices, which are version 5.0, an 5.0.2.
both these devices are compatible with 3dr's app requirements.

And I have searched the app in performance mode after changing speed, and have never seen a place to check mark. So if you have any information on were the check mark prompt is I would greatly appreciate the advice

thank you

Yes my apology, it's been a while since I've had the need to go into settings...you are correct, the "apply" button is described in the manual as well.

I presume you have enabled advanced settings, if not this would prevent making performance adjustments.

My curiosity is getting the best of me. I'll check later tonight when I have access to my bird.

Rich,

This is my 2nd drone from 3DR, the performance mode worked fine with 1st drone, but it had other problems, so 3DR sent me a 2nd drone about 6 months ago. This is when the trouble started, my new drone continues to fly slow, when I attempting to use performance speed changes. once i change the speed and exit performance mode it continues to fly slow. when i return to check the speed in performance mode, that's when i notice it returned to turtle speed as thou I never changed it, because there is no apply prompt.

I have written several emails to Help Robotics, and told them that I am using the same cell, and tablet 5.0 version. but they keep telling me its my cell or version. but I continue to tell them this problem only begin when i received my 2nd drone from 3dr. I personally believe its the solo, because remember performance mode will not work on the app unless the drone is turned on.

please let me know if you have any suggestions

Kitoko

Rich,

This is my 2nd drone from 3DR, the performance mode worked fine with 1st drone, but it had other problems, so 3DR sent me a 2nd drone about 6 months ago. This is when the trouble started, my new drone continues to fly slow, when I attempting to use performance speed changes. once i change the speed and exit performance mode it continues to fly slow. when i return to check the speed in performance mode, that's when i notice it returned to turtle speed as thou I never changed it, because there is no apply prompt.

I have written several emails to Help Robotics, and told them that I am using the same cell, and tablet 5.0 version. but they keep telling me its my cell or version. but I continue to tell them this problem only begin when i received my 2nd drone from 3dr. I personally believe its the solo, because remember performance mode will not work on the app unless the drone is turned on.

please let me know if you have any suggestions

Kitoko
I've heard of this before. I'm searching threads to see if I can find it.

Until then, my Nexus 7 running v5.0.2 and Solo app v2.4-1-6 is working fine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela