Keep losing video after signal loss and recovery

Reaction score
Have a few birds I've updated to the 4.0.0 software and i'm noticing an issue, not sure if it is related or not.

Flying out and if I get behind some trees or lose signal, machine automatically starts the RTL and the video usually freezes on the last image before it started to RTL.
When the machine gets back into range and signal recovers to controller, the video feed never refreshes...just stays on the last image...

Anyone else have this?

D

Maybe get more answers if you offer more details. What app...and such.

If using the 3DR Solo android app, I'd have to back out to the main screen and then back to the live screen. This would initiate a refresh to the video stream. My case was for any video anomalies I encountered while trouble shooting gimbal repairs.

Reactions: Dash Hewes
@RichWest is right. There are at least a half dozen parts and programs in the pipeline, and any one of them could be the culprit. Phone or tablet type, Android or iOS version, which App you're using, GoPro or other camera type/version, and whether this is 'new' behaviour that just started are very useful data points.

Reactions: Dash Hewes
Hey, yes thanks for the quick response guys.
Using Solex, gopro 4. samsung Note8 android (which i've used for quite some time with this)
It doesn't seem to do it if i get the partial Signal loss icon on the controller screen (white and black I think) It only does it when I get the deep signal loss on the controller screen and the controller icon goes Red.

I don't have Solex, so I'm at a loss to help with that app. I'd imagine they have the same protocol regarding the video stream connection and refresh. Maybe @Kelly Schrock can offer some clues...

Reactions: dougputt
The controller icon going red seems to indicate that the *controller* is dropping out. I.e. the wifi card or the antennas in the controller is/are faulty.

Reactions: Wetstone
The controller icon going red seems to indicate that the *controller* is dropping out. I.e. the wifi card or the antennas in the controller is/are faulty.
interesting I'll take a look but I think it happens on both drones. but same controller...I'll have to look

I have experienced the same issue. When i lose link and the vehicle initiates RTL, video is not restored when the vehicle comes back into range. I'm running Solex latest version and open solo V4.0 I'm using a Samsung Galaxy notepad. When the vehicle gets back in range, control and telemetry is restored but video remains frozen at the last image when link was lost. Only way to get video back is to disconnect and reconnect. The problem is repeatable.

Reactions: timgilley
I have experienced the same issue. When i lose link and the vehicle initiates RTL, video is not restored when the vehicle comes back into range. I'm running Solex latest version and open solo V4.0 I'm using a Samsung Galaxy notepad. When the vehicle gets back in range, control and telemetry is restored but video remains frozen at the last image when link was lost. Only way to get video back is to disconnect and reconnect. The problem is repeatable.
The vehicle prioritizes the control and telemetry links over the video. If you've lost signal you're already dicey in the radio connection game...

Also IIRC, the video stream is initiated by the app.... Usually one can exit the app and restart and that will restore the video.

Is this strictly happening AFTER upgrade to OpenSolo 4? I can't imagine how any of the changes that OpenSolo introduced could cause this, as I believe the video pipeline code wasn't really touched.....

Reactions: timgilley
I've had it happen several times since OS4. Maybe it's always done that, but after an upgrade a person tends to notice things. I understand the loss of video because of signal level however the video feed doesn't come online after regaining signal and the ability to pilot the vehicle.

The vehicle prioritizes the control and telemetry links over the video. If you've lost signal you're already dicey in the radio connection game...

Also IIRC, the video stream is initiated by the app.... Usually one can exit the app and restart and that will restore the video.

Is this strictly happening AFTER upgrade to OpenSolo 4? I can't imagine how any of the changes that OpenSolo introduced could cause this, as I believe the video pipeline code wasn't really touched.....

Thank you just_bruce. I will test exiting the app and re-opening it on the tablet after lost link is restored and see if video is restored. Definitely no issue with control and TM. I think I tried it the other day in an attempt to regain video when I observed the issue but I’m not sure. I believe the original 3DR Solo build recovered video after lost link but that was sooo long ago I can’t say for sure. I can’t wrap my head around why full link functionality wouldn’t recover. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc