Karma = Byrd?

Reaction score
The Byrd drone by ProDrone (now GDU) was a huge splash and then evaporated. Do a google search on ProDrone Byrd. Had a lot of promise.

普宙无人机官网 | GDU – 开启无人机2.0时代

Does anyone know where or what happened to them? Anyone other than Audorama carrying them?

My conspiracy theory is that GoPro purchased them and are incorporating some of its shizz into the Karma.

Anyone have any real scoop?

Reactions: RichWest
The Byrd drone by ProDrone (now GDU) was a huge splash and then evaporated. Do a google search on ProDrone Byrd. Had a lot of promise.

普宙无人机官网 | GDU – 开启无人机2.0时代

Does anyone know where or what happened to them? Anyone other than Audorama carrying them?

My conspiracy theory is that GoPro purchased them and are incorporating some of its shizz into the Karma.

Anyone have any real scoop?
Here are the Dealers..

Looks like $749 from Carolina Drones..

Just got off the phone with a dealer. He said they never delivered on any promises. He ended up refunding all his pre-orders. None of those dealers listed have any in stock AFAICT. He also mentioned that GoPro was canceling the Karma. Not sure about that but you heard it here first lol.

Just got off the phone with a dealer. He said they never delivered on any promises. He ended up refunding all his pre-orders. None of those dealers listed have any in stock AFAICT. He also mentioned that GoPro was canceling the Karma. Not sure about that but you heard it here first lol.

Def not cancelled (I think)

They've been hiring devs to work on it, including Jason Short who authored the smart shots in Solo after 3DR fired him a few weeks ago. It would be kind of strange to cancel it if they are doing that and still pumping money into it.

But yeah, if the released sketches of Karma are accurate, they sure do look an awful lot like this Byrd thing.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Spot on Perry! Couldn't remember where I saw this byrd...karma prototype...accidental re-discovery looking around the forum. Funny how the mind works and drives you crazy trying to remember tid-bits....
He also mentioned that GoPro was canceling the Karma.
Further it proves many in the industry speak with forked tongue...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo