Just in case, flying the solo around other quads

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yesterday, I attended my local club's drone day event, first attendance, and the first thing I noticed once my Solo was airborne along with other quads, I got intermittent outages on my iPad's video feed. So, I swapped out the stock antenna with my fplvr and that fixed it. A bit disappointed this happened as the distance between all the pilots and their quads seemed only 50 feet away and 20 to 30 feet distance between me and the other operators, and perhaps 10 to 15 feet distance between the air born quads, near same altitude I suppose. I know the user guide advises against flying in areas ripe with WiFi but, um, for this scenario today, well, it seems ridiculous I got this degree of interference.

I have been having the same problem since the 1.3.0 upgrade came out- even with my FPVLR.:(

I have been having the same problem since the 1.3.0 upgrade came out- even with my FPVLR.:(

Damn. Well, some good news and bad news. At the distance I mentioned, with the FPVLR, it helped me be able to fly but, I was there to get footage of them racing and I noticed after my initial flight, subsequent flights, none of the guys flew. Might be coincidental and bad timing but, anyhow, I was able to fly around the race track with no further incidents. The bad news was, my last flight, I went on a scenic flight towards the mountain. About 2000 feet out. You can see it as the last video entry on my DroneNerd702 channel. At around 2500 feet, RTH kicked in but, I was able to brake, and make a decent flight back. If you see the end part where I get a close up of the lake, RTH kicked in again but, I was only 500 to 750 out. Funny thing is, the controller didn't tell me jack on both times that RTH kicked in. Not like it typically does in big bold letters when I manually kick in RTH. I don't know, perhaps I wasn't paying attention. I think being around other quads just made things a little topsy turvy. I can't be sure exactly but, I'm going to the next event to see if I can observe the same behavior. I wish I had a chance today to fly with the 1.3 update but, the weather wasn't so hot out today.

With regards of being around the other quads. I'm wondering if any of them were using 2.4ghz for their vtx. Some of this high powered video transmitters could block out the wifi of the solo. I know I use to use 2.4 fm for video on some of mine.

With regards of being around the other quads. I'm wondering if any of them were using 2.4ghz for their vtx. Some of this high powered video transmitters could block out the wifi of the solo. I know I use to use 2.4 fm for video on some of mine.
One of these days, I'll find out more. The first event I attended, I didn't see the kind of racing that I've seen in their YouTubes. Guess I have to join them when they go underground or something like that. Anyhow, these cats are more about racing than doing the LOS thing. On the club's FaceBook page, I'm still trying to learn all the acronyms and other words they're talking about. Prepping for when I start shopping around for my racer. Currently looking to see if there's something even better than the FPVLR. I caught a buzzword on that page, "Amped". LOL. Now, I'm curious as hell.

Would this work ?
Sunhans Wifi Outdoor Signal Booster 20w 2.4ghz 40dbm Wifi Signal Repeater/amplifer

Product Description

Brand:SUNHANS
SKU: 0305SH100282
Model: SH24Go20W

Operating range : 2400~2500MHz
Channel width: 20Mhz&40Mhz
Supported standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Operation mode: Bi-directional, half-duplex, time division duplex
Connector type: N-K female
Output power: 20W (43dBm)
Input power: 0 ~ 27dBm
Transmit gain: 25dB
Receiver gain: ≤22dB
Noise figure: ≤3.5dB typical
Frequency response: ±1dB over operating range
Power adapter: 24V/2A DC, 100~240V
Operating temperature: -25°C to +55°C
Operating humidity: Up to 75% relative humidity
Material: Cast aluminum
LED light: Power status / activity status LED
Booster weight: 740g
Booster size: 15.2 x 13.1 x 2.6cm

Package contents:
1 x SH24Go20W
1 x feeding box
1 x power supply

Would this work ?
Sunhans Wifi Outdoor Signal Booster 20w 2.4ghz 40dbm Wifi Signal Repeater/amplifer

Product Description

Brand:SUNHANS
SKU: 0305SH100282
Model: SH24Go20W

Operating range : 2400~2500MHz
Channel width: 20Mhz&40Mhz
Supported standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Operation mode: Bi-directional, half-duplex, time division duplex
Connector type: N-K female
Output power: 20W (43dBm)
Input power: 0 ~ 27dBm
Transmit gain: 25dB
Receiver gain: ≤22dB
Noise figure: ≤3.5dB typical
Frequency response: ±1dB over operating range
Power adapter: 24V/2A DC, 100~240V
Operating temperature: -25°C to +55°C
Operating humidity: Up to 75% relative humidity
Material: Cast aluminum
LED light: Power status / activity status LED
Booster weight: 740g
Booster size: 15.2 x 13.1 x 2.6cm

Package contents:
1 x SH24Go20W
1 x feeding box
1 x power supply
Don't know- kinda pricy though!

Call or send an email identifying yourself as a member of this forum..(hint-hint);)
The old-fashioned Wideband FM can really mess up the 2.4 GHz band especially if there's a lot of users using that frequency
Many years ago I designed a Wideband FM system,depending on the channel the user chooses It can cause havoc with Wi-Fi .
Bob

You only need 1 to 3 W if anything. 20W will probably ground everyone else around you.

"Operating Humidity: Up to 75% relative humidity"
Most Amps only work with med to low humanity?
It never gets below 50% here. So i won't get full potential of the Amps?
On a good day, I can get 2700 with dual Alfa's. Avg. day about 2200. I mean that far enough for where i need to shoot any kind of video. almost 2 miles over ocean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986