Just got my first Solo

Reaction score
Hello from Central Illinois. I just received my Solo last weekend from B&H. I've had a few rc helis and cars throughout my life and have been doing some limited commercial work with a Yuneec Typhoon G for a little over a year.

A few weeks ago I did some aerial videos for a land sale and was constantly losing the video feed. This was over a couple hundred acres. I decided I needed better range and/or autonomous capabilities. Saw the clearance prices on Solo and that's why I purchased. In addition to video work on the side, I also farm on another side on top of my main gig, so I was intrigued at the possibilities with ndvi mapping.

This thing seems better than my Typhoon in just about every way, with the exception of gps reception.(though the solo seems to hold position better) Thinking about doing some upgrades, maybe controller antennas (like the cheap wifi ones) and maybe the gps shield. I would like to avoid killing my warranty though. Are the upgrades worth that trade-off?

Also, any advice on ndvi? I was thinking about one of the Peaupro modified ndvi gopros to get my feet wet. Worth it?

Also, I've flown the Typhoon in some pretty strong winds, and I realize it is heavier than the Solo. Do these fare comparably well in the wind?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela