It even uses throw mode

If you go to youtube- there is a guy showing throw mode with his Solo-
takes some balls to throw your Solo and hope everything works- but he does it several times!

Warning!! It’s not for the faint of heart- ProfiCNC is the first video that comes up- and his first video launch doesn’t go very well; but he does it the second launch!!

True. And he has a bunch of replacements- the video I saw last time was a guy in his yard- I don’t see that video now-

It’s still there;
Throw Mode Testing
Randy MacKay

Ah yes. Funny, just a little bit ago they showed out of stock. Guess I'll be picking up one....

Hey- in XevetS first post under the description it says it should have a white shell- the one on Amazon, though it’s the same price- has a picture of one with a black shell- hopefully it’s the same one you are looking for.

Just ordered one from Target ($25 discount) for a quick way to see the height of treetops around a job site before launching a Solo for work. Also for quick fun...

Worth taking the time to watch the sUAS video (top on the page) on ArduPilot.org here.

Reactions: XevetS
What I really want to know--When does throwing or tossing a VERY DANGEROUS 4 bladed upside down LAWN MOWER necessary? It's a risky thing to do and WHY??????????????? I think Tom Hanks describes it best in Forrest Gump--"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES"

I wouldn’t worry about safety because I wouldn’t be throwing it into a crowd- my concern would be malfunction or incorrect procedure and it tumbling across the ground. The sounds of breaking $150 plastic... on a much smaller scale as the jaskass who decides to attempt to stand up on his $10k bike and sh*t goes south and the next sounds are that $2-3k fairing package crumbling across the parking lot!

Reactions: XevetS
Just ordered one from Target ($25 discount) for a quick way to see the height of treetops around a job site before launching a Solo for work. Also for quick fun...

Worth taking the time to watch the sUAS video (top on the page) on ArduPilot.org here.
Let me know how the skyviper handles the wind I'm curious....thanks in advance

In response of the dude throwing his solo: In his video, he is in a public park with innocent bystanders in harms way, and he laughs about his so called accomplishment. Watch the video on YouTube. I have flown quadcopters for the last 15 years and NEVER had a situation where tossing a quad is necessary. And even the toy quads can cut flesh. Don't ask me why I know. I can understand a child tossing a toy quad, but not an adult with half a brain and then posting a video where some idiot is going to think "thats cool, I'll try that myself', next time I'm at the park in front of some people I don't even know, just to be cool.

In response of the dude throwing his solo: In his video, he is in a public park with innocent bystanders in harms way, and he laughs about his so called accomplishment. Watch the video on YouTube. I have flown quadcopters for the last 15 years and NEVER had a situation where tossing a quad is necessary. And even the toy quads can cut flesh. Don't ask me why I know. I can understand a child tossing a toy quad, but not an adult with half a brain and then posting a video where some idiot is going to think "thats cool, I'll try that myself', next time I'm at the park in front of some people I don't even know, just to be cool.
Please link the video I'm curious?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377