Is there anyway to mute audio in a GoPro?

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
Specifically I have a 3+ Black.

Is there any way to turn off the audio pick up? I looked on the camera and in the user manual and found nothing. I can always remove the audio in post I suppose, but if there is a way to just not record it in the first place that would be nice. All that wind noise and prop sounds don't really do much for me. ;)

At the very least I'm going to look for a way to cover the microphone to at least reduce wind noise. I have a great pair of external mics with wind covers, but they use the USB plug which is covered up when the gimbal's HDMI cover is in place.

Last edited:
Don't listen to these guys. No, you can't turn off the audio on the GoPro. You can only eliminate it in post production.

If I could just eliminate the wind buffeting noise, the sound of the drone and/or environment might be interesting. I might try taping over the mic or maybe taping a small piece of foam over the mic. Nothing to lose and costs nothing to try!

I tried to put electrical tape over microphone...it minimize it some....but did not eliminate it.....so post production for total elimination

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea