Is the pixhawk worth the investment?

Reaction score
Is the pixhawk worth the investment and what improvements are you actual getting. Also what other improvements would you recommend. I am fairly new to drones put have been flying a phantom for about 4 months now and I have heard many good things about the solo also a lot of bad things but I really wanted the good to be true about the solo and when I saw the deal at Best Buy I bought it. There are a lot of things I like about the solo but it does need help. The phantom will hold a much steadier hover also they say the solo will fly 50 mph and the phantom 35 mph but the phantom will fly circles around the solo and the phantom responds to the controls much more exact. Do not get me wrong there are many things about the solo I like and if there are some mods I can do to improve it I will. Thank you

they say the solo will fly 50 mph and the phantom 35 mph but the phantom will fly circles around the solo and the phantom responds to the controls much more exact.

When the Solo app is attached to Solo, open the settings and adjust the speed slider. They come defaulted to the slowest setting.

I presume you're talking about Philip's "green cube"? I can tell you the answer for you today is no. It is an experimental device, and it is still in development. Unless you want to be a flying experiment full of advanced hardware, I recommend against it for you.

I can set up waypoints on the fly in flight with my Solo to fly circles around your phantom flying ugly circles around your Solo - oh and Solo will enter and exit those way points with the butteriest of smoothness.

Solo rocks. The Phantom is not a bad piece of gear, though I'm not a fan. Really the bulk of the performance comes from the stick-side of the Controller, know what I mean.?

The stock GPS units in Solo leave a tad to be desired, so your GPS flight modes will suffer a tad. Upgrading to he mRobotics unit will increase performance in these areas, give Solo that more locked in feel.

With good stick control, Solo is a champion in Manual flight. Smooth movements from the pilot combined with the buttery silky gimbal tilt operation (paddle and presets) have seen great results over here.

Pixhawk 2.1? This will certainly keep Solo alive. But I'm cool with stock Pixhawk 2 and up-to-date FW.

So mods, GPS is good, balance your props. And def a reclinear lens on your GoPro. There are also some things you can do to to the stiff HDMI and Gimbal Data cables to take the micro vibes out of the gimbal/footage.

Thanks for the advice Like I said there is a lot l like about the Solo I just want it to be all it can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela