Is it worth getting a Peau Lens?

I have been doing a test on these lenses, I was going to start a thread about it very soon but seeing as this was started I thought it only prudent to post now.

I have 3.97, 4.35 and 5.4 PP lenses.
I have also sourced the same lenses from China at vastly reduced prices.
I have compared the video and pictures from both the PP and the Chinese lenses and I can honestly say there is no difference in quality.

You want M12 thread lenses with IR cut.

As an example;
The 4.35mm lens I got from 4K lenses. At Aliexpress cost me $10.50

PP 4.35mm lens with IR cut is $99.

I just wish I had not done this as now I have 2 of each lens and I know I overpaid at PP

But hey ho.
At least I can pass this on to others and hopefully they can save a few bucks.

Exactly the same lenses in quality size and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been doing a test on these lenses, I was going to start a thread about it very soon but seeing as this was started I thought it only prudent to post now.

I have 3.97, 4.35 and 5.4 PP lenses.
I have also sourced the same lenses from China at vastly reduced prices.
I have compared the video and pictures from both the PP and the Chinese lenses and I can honestly say there is no difference in quality.

You want M12 thread lenses with IR cut.

As an example;
The 4.35mm lens I got from 4K lenses. At Aliexpress cost me $10.50

PP 4.35mm lens with IR cut is $99.

I just wish I had not done this as now I have 2 of each lens and I know I overpaid at PP

But hey ho.
At least I can pass this on to others and hopefully they can save a few bucks.

Exactly the same lenses in quality size and performance.

"Exactly the same lenses in quality size and performance"
What about the pink fringe with the PP?
I guess we can wait till your "that start a thread" comparison.

"Exactly the same lenses in quality size and performance"
What about the pink fringe with the PP?
I guess we can wait till your "that start a thread" comparison.

I did also get the software from PP to remove this.

It was a challenge I set to myself to "see" if I could source the same lenses. Which I did.

The pink fringe, I can't hack the GoPro software.

(I'm a heating engineer with only a small knowledge of hacking, give me a boiler or a set of pipes to play with and now we're talking..lol)

I have both the 3.97 and the 5.4 lens from Peau. I started with the 5.4, buying their mount and installing it myself in a Hero 4B using the video on their site. Later when the 3.97 came out (and during a sale) I sent that GP in to them and had them do the install and the sensor color correction removal.

I like to save money too but I also like to get paid for what I do. To me Peau offers a valuable service, provides "enabling" technology, and I like to see companies like theirs stick around. They have treated me very well and I'd buy from them again.

Does anybody now why my gopro3 worked perfectly fine one day then the next one I could not get video but I could record still

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421