Is it safe to upgrade my solo software to version 2.4.2?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there are any bugs or glitches in the 2.4.2 version of the Solo App? Any opinions are appreciated!

I'm just wondering if there are any bugs or glitches in the 2.4.2 version of the Solo App? Any opinions are appreciated!
Is that iOS?

Latest Android is 2.4.0? Android Return to Me has a bug and should not be used (select Return to Land in options).

Reactions: ccfirehawk
Android is 2.4.2 also.

You have no other choice. It's 2.4.2 or nothing really. Return to me is broken in the Android version of 2.4.2 and should not be used.

Reactions: ccfirehawk
That's odd, I have 2.4.0 and can't see an update. Although I'm on an old S5 and Android 6.0.1.

Not to worry, Solex updating nicely of course...

LOL.

This is something that annoyed me greatly during the betas. The 3DR app would lose its mind if the version string had anything but numbers in it. So for example, we should have been calling the betas something like 3.0-RC4. But the 3DR app shit itself and would force you to downgrade to their 2.4.2 version. So I had to make up fake numbers like 2.5.94. The OCD side of me was ecstatic when I changed the version strings to 3.0.0 since it worked properly across all the apps and looked normal.

The iOS version is not 2.9.94. There is no such thing. You're reading something wrong. And if you're seeing it at all, you did not update completely to Open Solo.

"Is it safe to upgrade my solo?"

I'll equate that to a recent question I answered on Amazon about a digital photo frame "Can I hang it from the wall?"

"I think it all depends on your skill and competency level. With enough know how, a skilled enough person could hang an egg from a wall, a really skilled person could even make it look nice. However a neanderthal with a hammer and nails may not experience the same level of success mainly because they are a bit too early for the Iron age lets say. So can you hang it from a wall? Unfortunately without a prior assessment of your skills, ability to safely use the equipment needed and basic competency levels it's very hard to ascertain whether or not YOU could hang this from a wall. It does have 4 mounting screw holes on the back though approx 3 inches apart. I hope this helps."

Yes, sometimes I'm a git and I'll happily admit it BUT at least I wasn't dishonest. The point being "Is it safe to upgrade my solo", as we've seen, that really depends on the persons ability to read and follow instructions (and I myself am not excluded from this category as history has shown). However I do think it would be interesting to put together a mandatory skills and competency test that one must take before performing an upgrade (by interesting I mean hilarious). Think Kelly Schrock could put together something by... April lets say? ;)

Reactions: Charles Lamoureux

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000