Is it possible to "Cut and Paste" a mission in Mission Planner?

Reaction score
I am running Mission Planner for the first time, and I just completed setting up my first mission's waypoints, which there are over a hundred of.

I'd like to run this exact mission at multiple locations. Is it possible to easily move an entire mission so it can be repeated at any number of locations? Perhaps via a cut-and-paste or drag-and-drop method?

I don't believe there is a way to do that in Mission Planner. Waypoints are stored as GPS coordinates, so no sliding them to a new location.
The Solex app does have a multi-point cable cam that you can move from place to place that might fit your needs. I believe there are several Youtube videos on the topic.

I don't believe there is a way to do that in Mission Planner. Waypoints are stored as GPS coordinates, so no sliding them to a new location.
The Solex app does have a multi-point cable cam that you can move from place to place that might fit your needs. I believe there are several Youtube videos on the topic.
Thanks, I just manually did it in MP.

However when I got to my site I could not get my planned mission to run - I had the mission loaded up in the flight plan tab, I got the Solo off the ground using the controller, and in the Flight Data --> Action tab I hit Auto and moved the throttle on the controller, and the mission did not run.

Did I do something wrong there?

Did you "write" the mission to Solo? That command is on the right margin, along with "Save" which saves it to your computer.
I did not realize that was a prerequisite, thanks.

Is there a Mission Planner for Solo tutorial out there that covers all of the important parts step-by-step and isn't hundreds of pages long?

Solo works with Mission Planner just like any other Pixhawk powered copter. Only real difference is you are using the WiFi to communicate with it instead if the SIK radios.
Lots of videos on YouTube.
Oh, don't upgrade the firmware or change any parameters on Solo with MP without knowing what you are doing. The Arducopter firmware available on MP is not completely compatible with Solo (yet).

Reactions: VaFlyer
If you don't know what the parameters do don't touch them. I think the current version of Arducopter has about 750 user definable parameters so I can't even begin to explain them to you.
Go to the Arducopter website. The parameters are all described.

So it turns out you can do this.

If you hold CTRL, you can click and drag a box around all of your waypoints to select them all at once. Then you can just click and drag your entire mission to a new location, and save it as a new mission file.

Reactions: VaFlyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000