Iris+ randomly looses altitude (Lands and Takes Off)

Reaction score
Ok, new 3DR Iris+ operator here.. Pretty experienced with DJI/Yuneec products but I wanted to try my hand at the Iris+. I've done all the calibrations etc through the desktop app etc but when I fly, it randomly reduces power to the motors, appears to be landing then takes off again. The rear light is a constant green, I know the GPS is locked. This appears to only happen in Loiter mode, regardless of altitude or distance from the TX. This issue has caused several crashes into fields or trees, almost happened over a nearby river. What am I missing?

I charge my battery with a balance charger fully, TX shows 10.5v for power, GPS and compass are locked and calibrated. I've done nothing to "change" advances settings so I believe i'm flying stock settings from 3DR. I time my flights for 10-12 minutes max to reduce battery issues.

What should my next step be? I'm nervous to fly this quad more than 100ft away or above 100ft altitude. I love the ability to use autonomous flight modes and the tinkering part is cool but I imagine that this quad can be reliable? I've flown a P3 and Q500 4K with over 150 flights combined and no problems, is 3DR that behind in reliability?

Any input or help would be appreciated, I want to enjoy flying the Iris+, not fearing where or when it's going to land.

Several views so far, any thoughts? I've ordered a second battery to test to determine if I have a bad battery.

Second battery does not solve the problem. 3DR has replied to my inquiries but so far no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421