IR Precision landing system

This is interesting tech for what it can do at present. The demo videos indicate a high accuracy rate for targeting location. I could see it applied in a commercial application for fixed locator. Moving platform locator, just a matter of time...:)

Thanks for sharing the link, this shows further the development opportunities around the 3DR platform. It's very exciting!

Too much, too fast...
With all the new application, Hardware coming Solo's way, the makers of Pixhawk, will need to update there offerings just to handle all the new request.
& there goes are "staying" up to date with our present systems from 3DR.

Too much, too fast...
With all the new application, Hardware coming Solo's way, the makers of Pixhawk, will need to update there offerings just to handle all the new request.
& there goes are "staying" up to date with our present systems from 3DR.
Maybe I'm confused, but 3DR is responsible for the development for the ArduPilot/Copter/Solo branch. Whereas IR-Lock is the HW/SW developer for their offering. That is the beauty of the platform, the third-party add-ons are without the need to involve 3DR, if they choose.

Clarification would be appreciated if my thinking is wrong....

The little that i know about the Hw/Sw in Solo,
Is that the GPS RTH precision depends on How many Sats & Hdop. better numbers, gives a more correct landing location.
How accurate can Solo get with GPS landing? I seen 2" to 3'

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle