iPad not getting video from GoPro. iPad really hot

Reaction score
I was flying a resort community. I was in the air for several hours. Moving to a new location and firing up, no video comes through. I have 2 solos, neither one would send a video signal, but the solo was ready to fly. I rebooted a bunch.

The iPad back was really hot. I sat in the air conditioning for a while and the video was back. Has this happened to anyone? Is there another solution?

It's the iPad over heating. Solo will fly in fairly hot weather, iPad on the other hand will not do as well in the heat...common knowledge. Solution, keep the ipad cooled down or have two on hand to rotate out once they over heat.

Another possible cause that I have experienced a few times, if the app is running on the iPad before the controller / solo is ready, I don't get any video. Shutting down the app and restarting the app fixes the problem.

Be safe and happy landings......

Thanks for the input. I just came back from a shoot and the iPad crashed in mid flight. I have ordered a X-Naut Cooling Case for iPad Mini (1-4). I am hoping this will solve the problem. I have a beach side condo shoot on Friday and a Golf Course on Tuesday. I will bring back the results...

I am happy to say that the X-Naut Cooling Case is the trick. A little pricey, but well worth the $125. No more overheating problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea