Ipad mini 1 no solo app

sam

Reaction score
Why does my iPad Mini 1 running IOS 8.4 not compatible with the solo app, when the 3dr website said that you had to have IOS 8.0 or up? All I want to do is fly my drone with live footage but I can't due to a compatibility issue!

iPad Mini 1 only has the processing power of an iPad 2, it really isn't up to the task.

I asked 3DR support if the 1st gen iPad mini will ever be supported and they stated eventually but I'm not holding my breathe.

The problem they are up against is that Apple doesn't let you cherry-pick specific devices to support or not support, you have to select from a matrix of features and iOS/ARM versions. So if they want to support the iPhone 5 for example, they also have to support the much less capable 4S.

Bringing in the original Mini would require support for all other iPads except the original iPad. These devices simply can't handle the features of the app. I'm not sure how useful it would be to support these less capable devices if it required dropping video streaming for example...

You CAN actually get it installed, and take your chances. I actually did it on a iPad2 just to see it before I got the dedicated Nexus. The iPad was a bit big for my tastes and I got the Nexus on sale for <$200

If you REALLY want to try... Google ifunbox....

Just keep in mind...Your Solo was $1000+ and you can get a tablet for a fraction of that...

Thanks everyone I did have a suspicion that my hardware on the Ipad mini 1 was too old but the good news is that I am getting a newish samsung tablet to be a dedicated device. Fortunately it was not over $200.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea