iPad Air 2 holder

Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So I just got a solo and have been researching if I want an iPad mini 2 wi fi only or one with cell service for getting the maps and thought I might borrow my girlfriends iPad Air 2 wi fi only and try it out. So I modified the stock device holder to hold the air 2. Here is what I did. Just take it apart and extend the slots on one side with a 7/32 drill bit and drill a few holes and then file to clean it up. Also need to notch the center slot on both sides of the cover where the spring slides to be able to slide out further. I just put the two clips around the iPad to measure the distance I needed to extend the slots. Hope this might help anyone trying to use a bigger tablet. Hoping to try it out tomorrow to see if I like the air 2 or if I want the smaller iPad mini.

Last edited:
View attachment 3092 View attachment 3093 View attachment 3094 View attachment 3095 So I just got a solo and have been researching if I want an iPad mini 2 wi fi only or one with cell service for getting the maps and thought I might borrow my girlfriends iPad Air 2 wi fi only and try it out. So I modified the stock device holder to hold the air 2. Here is what I did. Just take it apart and extend the slots on one side with a 7/32 drill bit and drill a few holes and then file to clean it up. Also need to notch the center slot on both sides of the cover where the spring slides to be able to slide out further. I just put the two clips around the iPad to measure the distance I needed to extend the slots. Hope this might help anyone trying to use a bigger tablet. Hoping to try it out tomorrow to see if I like the air 2 or if I want the smaller iPad mini.
Work perfectly on my own iPad Air 2.

Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea