iPad 2 mini wifi - how to cache maps

Reaction score
Hi Guys.....sorry in advance for what may be a stupid question but looking for tips on exactly how to cache maps on iPad 2 mini wifi. Not planning to switch out any time soon as just purchased so want to make the best use of it.

Cheers,

Snowmonkey

i´m with the same problem!, nobody answer me if i can use an external blutooth gps receiver connected to my ipad

i´m with the same problem!, nobody answer me if i can use an external blutooth gps receiver connected to my ipad

Did this work? Were you able to pair iPhone to iPad via bluetooth? I am trying to do the same thing. Use the iPhone as a personal hotspot to provide internet to my iPad mini which I use to run Solo app and fly.
Thanks,
Kim

I have the following setup and it works:

iPad Mini 2 (Wi-Fi only) tether to my iPhone6 via Bluetooth, and the iPad Mini 2 connected to the Solo controller via Wi-Fi.
I also have an extra Bluetooth device - Garmin GLO for actuate GPS used in the Solo app.

Before flying, connect the iPad mini to the local Wi-Fi and open the Solo app, view the satellite maps on the home screen for your flying area (zoom in and out), then re-connect Wi-Fi to the Solo link. Connect the iPhone via the Bluetooth connection and check internet connection using Google maps or Safari. Make sure that your iPhone Wi-Fi is switched off.

Start the pre flight start-up with Solo and check the in-flight maps before flying, the Bluetooth tether connection is very slow, so it takes a few minutes for the in-flight maps to refresh, be patient.
The Garmin GLO is great of all the functions that required GPS position of the controller - Follow Me, "Return To me" etc....

The GPS from the iPhone is not very accurate, and the Garmin GLO works: GPS + GLONASS.
From my experience, it took a few sessions to get all the systems working, so I would get everything working while the drone is on the ground, trying different connects and configuration while flying is not advised.

Be safe and happy landings..................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc