iOS storage issues

Reaction score
Just got my solo last week. I've only gone on 2 flights so far but I have the following issue with the ios app -

The first time I flew, I had the save to camera roll settings turned on. I recorded some video while in flight.
After the flight, I couldn't find the video anywhere on my phone, but the storage and usage was nearly full (and I know it has about 30gb empty usually). I checked the gopro and the recorded videos were on the sd card. Nothing to be found anywhere on my phone. I connected it to itunes and hit sync which recalculated and fixed the storage.

The second time I flew, I turned off all the settings to record to my phone. Recorded some videos. they are on my gopro with no issue. Nothing on my phone but again the storage is almost fully used.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what can be done to address this?

Setup: GoPro 4 Silver, iPhone 6, latest iOS (9.2) and latest version of the 3DR app. Definitely not doing anything else that would be using so much space on my phone (pics apps etc).

** I should also add that the gopro video files were probably < 2GB total, the storage taken on my phone was over 20GB, however IOS would not report which app was using that space (under the usage section). This happened both times.

Last edited:
Lots of complaints about the same issue since 3DR put out upgrade 1.3.0., but your storage issue is new. Don't know if anybody has checked their storage like you did.
I would contact 3DR support- hopefully if enough of us report it, they will fix it.

yhax said:
Just got my solo last week. I've only gone on 2 flights so far but I have the following issue with the ios app -

The first time I flew, I had the save to camera roll settings turned on. I recorded some video while in flight.
After the flight, I couldn't find the video anywhere on my phone, but the storage and usage was nearly full (and I know it has about 30gb empty usually). I checked the gopro and the recorded videos were on the sd card. Nothing to be found anywhere on my phone. I connected it to itunes and hit sync which recalculated and fixed the storage.

The second time I flew, I turned off all the settings to record to my phone. Recorded some videos. they are on my gopro with no issue. Nothing on my phone but again the storage is almost fully used.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what can be done to address this?

Setup: GoPro 4 Silver, iPhone 6, latest iOS (9.2) and latest version of the 3DR app. Definitely not doing anything else that would be using so much space on my phone (pics apps etc).

Sorry to ask the obvious, but just in case ... did you check your Photos app? The videos go into a folder in there, not into the Videos app (strange but true).

Sorry to ask the obvious, but just in case ... did you check your Photos app? The videos go into a folder in there, not into the Videos app (strange but true).

No worries. Yup, I checked in there. Checked everywhere I could think of. I even checked the app storage (when you connect to itunes, some apps have their own storage section where you can download or upload things).

No worries. Yup, I checked in there. Checked everywhere I could think of. I even checked the app storage (when you connect to itunes, some apps have their own storage section where you can download or upload things).

Try Settings->General-Storage & iCloud Usage-Manage Usage

See what kind of space your photos are taking up as well as the 3DR app. I'd imagine if the 3DR app wrote a broken file its usage would be huge. Mine says 203mb which is probably the app & flight logs.

Try Settings->General-Storage & iCloud Usage-Manage Usage

See what kind of space your photos are taking up as well as the 3DR app. I'd imagine if the 3DR app wrote a broken file its usage would be huge. Mine says 203mb which is probably the app & flight logs.

That's part of the problem. It was not showing any out of the ordinary. The app was only showing about 700mb, it was using the most storage (the rest was typical stuff music etc), but nothing accounted for that missing space.

I ended up having to completely wipe my phone and start fresh. No idea what happened. It seems to be working as expected now. I did notice a bug between the app and the go pro when recording, which I notified 3DR about. Not sure if the latest update addressed it, haven't had a chance to fly just yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela